27 - Lillian

Something was going on.

Ethan seemed really dazed the next morning. It's like in those shows where all of the noise becomes muted and the world becomes blurry.

But that's usually when something big happens.

And I want to find out what that was.

Jayden said he was around if we needed any help getting places. We were walking to the gym, and he had that look in his eye. "What happened?" I asked.

He didn't respond.

So I snapped in front of his face. He calmly turned to me, "Mm..."

"What's wrong?" I asked. He shook his head and smiled.

"I asked a question Ethan." It was meant to sound hard but it came out more desperate. He looked at me, making eye contact. When he opened his mouth, about to speak, someone said, "Hey Ethan, you got a sec?" It was Zee. Cora was standing behind her.

He pushed his lips together and nodded. Before he walked away, I squeezed his hand and he looked at me helplessly.

After he walked away, I did the one reasonable thing to do in this situation, get a professional.

* * * * * *

"Pleeeease Aidan." He stopped walking and looked at me, "Why?" "Don't tell me you didn't notice how Ethan was acting." "Let me rephrase that. Why should I care?" I thought for a moment and came up with the perfect answer,

"Because Cora knows."

He stood for a moment. Then taking a deep breath in, he reluctantly said, "Fine."

That's when Jacob came up behind us, "Cora knows what?"

"You need to come too." I said.

"Why am I suddenly scared?"

"It's a information mission. Just in and out like that." I snapped to prove my point. Jacob sighed, "Only because you absolutely begged me to do it."

I grinned, "Good enough for me."

* * * * * *

We stood in the hallway of the dorm at night. Aidan and Jacob said he saw Ethan leave. I said the same for Zee and Cora. We had followed them into a vacant room. Ethan closed the door behind them

As soon as he did, Aidan went up to the door, pressing his ear to it. Jacob and I did the same.

"...Do I have to be here?"

It was Cora.

"Because you're the only other one who knows about it."

Zee.

"Can I go now? I really don't want to talk about this."

Ethan.

"Well too bad, cause I do." Zee said.

"Look, that was just a picture. It doesn't mean anything right? I mean your mom is Stacy, right?" Cora's voice was a bit pleading.

"Yeah, I agree with Cora." Ethan said, sounding tired.

Zee groaned, "Really you guys? The truth is right there. We have to find proof."

"This is not a murder mystery and that's a dumb blurry picture. I'm going to sleep." Ethan said.

"If you're so sure, then help me prove otherwise."

There was silence for a moment, "So what if our moms are the same person? What does that prove? Ethan said.