3 - Jacob

I shook my head, what has Zee gotten herself into? Just then I heard a small groan. Out of a door, walked a girl with coffee spilled all over her.

She looked up, and I vaguely remembered her from somewhere.

"Hey, sorry for the mess."

Cora realized who it was before I did, "Lillian?"

Oh, right. She is that girl from school. She's actually in a lot of my classes, so I don't know why I didn't recognize her.

"Yeah, Cora and Jacob. What are you guys doing here?"

"Oh, you know, on our monthly visit to the police station." Cora said.

"Oh, Zee huh?"

"How'd you guess?" I asked sarcastically.

"Well you three are always together, so I figured."

"Ah." I replied as Cora looked at her phone.

"My dad is texting me to come home." She looked up, "We gotta go soon."

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow." Aidan said, waving then walking out the door.

"Yeah... bye." Cora said.

Her face was turning red...

Then someone asked, "What's up?"

"Zee?" Cora asks.

I turn to see her standing in the doorway. "What's happening?" Zee asks.

"What..." I murmured, temporarily forgetting what just happened.

Then Zee looks behind me, "Lillian?" She asked, "What are you doing here?"

She sighs, "My dad is the police chief, I practically live here."

"Oh."

I broke the silence following that and asked Zee, "What happened to the police officer that was with you?"

She grinned mischievously, "Don't worry, he'll wake up in an hour or two."

Then she glanced at Lillian, who noticed. "Don't worry, I never liked Jamenson anyway."

With that out of the way, Cora asked, "You took down a police officer?"

"You realize he will come after you when he wakes up, right?" I ask.

"I'll be long gone by then." Zee replied.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Cora asked.

"I'm running away." She said.

"Running away?!" I asked, my voice rising.

Zee shrugged, "What's the point of staying if I don't have anyone."

"You have us." Cora said.

"And I'll come visit, I promise."

Cora looked hurt, "Fine. Leave."

I shook my head, "Where are you going to go?" I asked, stepping forward.

Zee looked away, "Somewhere far away from here." She looked back at me, but not meeting my eyes, "I'm sorry."

Then she just turned to walk out. I glanced at Cora to make sure she was okay, then ran after her.

"Wait! Where do you think you're going?" I ask, grabbing her arm.

"I told you, away." I shook my head, "But -" She cut me off by doing the most unexpected thing.

She kissed me.

And I kissed back.

I didn't have time to process how I felt, because it was over so quickly.

She pulled away, "Please."

"How am I supposed to let you go?" My voice became quiet.

"Please." She asked again.

I stepped back, as if I had been punched.

Tears welled up in Zee's eyes.

"Bye." She said. I shook my head again. She took two steps back, and turned around breaking into a run.

And she didn't look back once.  

~

Hey guys!

Sorry for the short chapter but...

Nope, I got no excuse. BUT I might post the next chapter soon to make up for it, so look out for that!

Anyway, thanks for sticking through, every read counts, so thank you! And see ya'll later!

-Look4Stars