Part 20: Distant?

Song(s) for this chapter:
•All time low- Missing you

                                          Narrator
                                    •two weeks later•

Two long dreadful weeks have now gone by. Elena has had Chemo therapy twice, Jason at her side for both sessions.

However, he's only ever been with her for those sessions. In two weeks Elena has only seen Jason twice: which were the days she was receiving treatment.

He's been so, distant. He doesn't call, and hardly ever messages. She feels... lost without him.

Elena

What's up with Jason? He's not answering my messages and when he does it's brief answers. It's like he doesn't want to see me.

Was it me? did I do something wrong? Or is he just being a moody distant bitch? I've talked to Jenner - I mean, my mum about Jason's behaviour. She gave me the advice every mother gives a child 'Just let it be' wow, that's a mindbender!

I lay back in bed looking up at the pale roof wondering if Jason will respond to my message. Not once does my mind cross over to my upcoming chemo therapy scheduled for the 22nd of this month, I just continue to think about Jason. Actually, he's the only thing I've had on my mind for a while now.

"You want to come over? Haven't seen you in a while, for a while I thought you'd fallen off the face of the earth, until I knew that wasn't possible. Does the earth even have a face?" I messaged 2 and a half hours ago, maybe his phones dead? Yeah, that's it! But what about the rest of the two weeks, what, he's broken it?

The rate of my heart beat quickens rapidly as my phone rings, without another passing second I slide the green call button across and answer the phone.

"Hello!" I chirp, praying that it's Jason on the other end - I have a habit of not checking the caller ID.

"Hey, Elena, it's me." I don't think anyone would understand how grateful I am right now to hear his voice, it's comforts me in the non creepiest way. His husky voice makes me feel at ease, I could just sit and listen to him speak all damn day; that is if he would visit me.

"Where have you been for the last two weeks? I've missed you."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll explain later, I'm coming over in about 10 minutes. You're not busy are you?"

"What friends do I have to be 'busy' with?" Really stupid question, he knows my friendship status.

"Sorry, I'll see you soon." And with that he hangs up, not even a bye? I stand from my bed, and tidy myself up, along with my bedroom. I change from my pyjamas to a simple lazy outfit and wash up my dish I had in my room from my breakfast.

Before I know it, Jason is knocking at the door. Should I run and embrace him in a hug? Or just keep it cool? Actually, I've missed my friend, I'm going with the first option!

I run to the front door and throw it open, bursting through it I wrap my arms around Jason's neck and squeeze him tightly. I forgot how good he smelt!

He hugs me back and after a few more seconds we brake apart. "Hey, Elena. I want you to meet someone." I smile a bright smile and look to my right where he points.

"This is Becky, my, ah, my girlfriend." What?!

________________________________________
Hey guys! I'm really sorry for taking FOREVER to update. But don't worry, I'll be updating again tonight (I hope) if not it will be tomorrow. That's kinda why the chapter is really short, I also wanted to leave you guys thinking.. Hehe..

(Sorry for mistakes)

Anyway, Jason has a girl! Is that why he's been so distant? What's up with him? Comment what you think & what you want to see happen in this book.

Don't forget to vote!

Much love, Chloe 💜