Chapter 5

Stana's POV

I have my towel wrapped around me as I stare blankly into my closet figuring out what I should wear to Nathan's tonight. People may think that I have been on a million dates, but truth is that in my whole life I've only probably been on maybe 10 dates total. As much as I really want to go, I'm nervous because Nathan wants to talk about our relationship. I've been wanting to talk about it too, but I'm scared that what he's going say is that he wants to break up.

I walk in to Nathan's condo and I smell that sweet aroma of bread baking in the oven. On the table is 5 different delicious cheeses to choose from. It looks so fancy in here, that I think I underdressed. I decided to go with jeans and a flowy shirt. Nathan brings out this delicious looking fruit tray with a thick sweet dressing. While we ate our fruit and cheese we made small talk on how we liked working together and with our co-stars, and how we were all really one big family. I just nodded and agreed on everything he said, and then he stooped, and touched my collarbone while admiring the sapphire necklace I had on. I didn't know how to respond, so my dumb self said that I'd better leave.

Nathan's POV

I took my time to make sure everything looked just right for when Stana came over. By the time she came over I was pretty exhausted, so I decided I wouldn't bring up are relationship quite yet. I figured we could just enjoy a light dinner, and maybe she could stay the night. Things didn't go quite as planned. Stan wasn't very talkative, and didn't even seem to be paying attention. So that's when decided to take the first step, hoping she would let me go farther. I decided to brush her collarbone with the back of my hand, pretending to admire the necklace she was wearing. I was hoping she would enjoy the gesture and maybe let me keep swooning her, but she just got all stiff and said she had to go.

Now I'm just cleaning everything up and probably going to bed after going over some lines for shooting tomorrow. As much dates as I've been on, I never seem to get it right with Stana, which just leaves with another reason for why we should just keep are distance.