26| Lilycove Duet

I had never been the type of person to let things go easily, everyone who knew me well enough were aware of that fact

I had never been the type of person to let things go easily, everyone who knew me well enough were aware of that fact. However, there was one exception to this. If there honestly wasn't anything to gain or lose from keeping those thoughts predominant, then I would let them retreat to the back of my mind with great reluctance.

   What I did with the knowledge of the drought I had foreseen was no different. Until I could learn more about the disaster or the supposed "super-ancient Pokémon," I let the sights and sounds associated with it haunt my nightmares and nothing more.

   After nearly two weeks of traveling, our little quartet arrived in Lilycove, a cool-colored seaside city of picturesque beaches that contained a serene but lively population that was oddly short on tourists. It was a much more pleasant ocean-view town that I definitely preferred over Slateport and Dewford. But our introduction to the city was cut short when Arietta then insisted on showing us around to all her favorite places.

   After a whirlwind of a day that frankly left my head spinning, Arietta thought about closing the day off by visiting the city's open market.

   "Thanks for offering, Arietta, but Winnie and I already know our way around the city and there's someplace I want to go," Wallace said. When given a questioning look by Winona he said quietly, "You know... that beach where father always used to take us." That sated the girl's curiosity and she nodded.

   "There is? Then we can go together if you want," Arietta suggested.

   "No it's okay," Wallace insisted. "It's kind of a... sentimental place, you know?"

   "If you really want to, that's fine," I said. "If we don't run into each other again, then we'll meet at the Pokémon Center like usual."

  Wallace turned to me, nodding. "Sounds like a plan. We'll see you later, Stevie," he said with a wave.

   "So that happened..." Arietta pursed her lips. "I know it might not seem like there's much here, but I promise you there's a lot here when you know where to look!" she promised me with a cheery smile.

   "I'm looking forward to it," I said, giving her a half-smile.

   As we walked to the market, Arietta said that there were rumors of the place being replaced with a high-budget department store. The town officials were hoping that a department store would separate them from Slateport and Mauville and attract more visitors, something that Arietta wasn't very enthusiastic about. And from how "open" the market was in its lack of shoppers, I could see why the town officials would want to change things up. But it wasn't completely empty. Hopefully I could find something interesting there.