Chapter 5

Yongsun was excited. She was setting off on a trip with Byulie to Vietnam!

"Finally! No schedules, no media, no makeup!" Byulie flopped into the airplane seat next to her with a whoop. Yongsun grinned, pinching Byulie's arm: "I'm still here to annoy you!" Byulie groaned jokingly, resting her head on Yongsun's shoulder. "Don't, or else I'll throw you off the plane!" Yongsun ruffled Byulie's hair fondly, letting her head rest there.

Wheein was bored. Hyejin was over, and they were just fooling around with Ggomo while singing random songs from Hyejin's playlist.

"Where do you think Moonsun are now?" Hyejin's sudden question caused Wheein to sit up, and Ggomo fell off her head. Stroking Ggomo's back apologetically, Wheein answered, "Somewhere in the airport, I expect."

Of course, Wheein had been bothered when Moonsun decided to go on a trip together to Danang. She knew she shouldn't feel anything in particular, but she did.

I wish I was going with Byulie unnie, a voice whispered deep inside her.

Takeoff was not good, racked with extreme turbulence. Byulie, who hated turbulence anyway, gripped Yongsun's hand more tightly than usual, which hurt slightly. Yongsun didn't mind -- she wanted to be Byulie's source of comfort forever.

This takeoff reminded Yongsun of the beginning of her and Byulie's relationship: they hadn't got on quite well together, and Byulie tended to stick to Wheein quite a lot. But as time progressed, Yongsun and Byulie became inseparable, like Hyejin and Wheein were.

And that's the way things should be like forever...

Wheein remembered the days back when Mamamoo was just an idea. Back then, Byulie unnie had relied on her for support, for guidance, not Yongsun unnie. But then, she began to gravitate more towards Yongsun unnie as time passed, maybe because of the special bond Wheein shared with Hyejin which made Byulie unnie want one too. In the end, it was Yongsun unnie who helped Byulie unnie, gave her the strength to debut as a self-trained rapper.

And although Wheein loved Hyejin, a part of her craved Byulie unnie too, and she was torn.

Why can't things be different?