Chapter 9

"BYULIE UNNIE!!!!" Wheein rushed over to where Byulie was standing with Yongsun unnie in the RBW practice room. "WE MISSED YOU!"

"We missed you guys too," unnie laughed, pulling Wheein into a friendly hug. Hyejin and Yongsun unnie pounced on them, and all of them collapsed on the floor laughing.

Suddenly Hyejin sat up, her hand held out. "Unnies, where are our presents?" She giggled as Yongsun laughed, "Yah, Ahn Hyejin, you should learn to have some respect for your unnies! We shouldn't have bought any for you ungrateful maknae!" Hyejin scrabbled away as Yongsun attempted to catch her. "Wheenie save meeee!!"

But Wheein was not listening -- her gaze was locked on Byulie unnie as if she hadn't seen her in years. She took in once again the silvery hair, the beautiful face, and the pale little lips on it. wearing another one of her oversized hoodies, she looked so adorable to Wheein, which was strange considering Byulie was her unnie.

Now unnie joked, "Um... hello Wheenie? This is the rest of the world contacting, are you responsive? Please reply smol Wheein (anyone recognize where the last two words are from?😏)..." Wheein shook her head in response to her joke, saying, "Ah... is this Moonbyul-ssi, the one with the legendary forehead? Am I this lucky to see it as soon as I arrive on Earth?"

Unnie reached forward and rapped Wheein's head with her knuckles, laughing, "Yah, you maknaes really don't know your manners. Yongsun, lets' throw our gifts away!"

Wheein and Hyejin whined, "Wonderful unnies, please give spare some of your kindness for us," and cheered when Byulie unnie walked over to the table at the corner of the room and took a large black sack that was sitting on it, just waiting to be opened. Putting the sack behind her back, she came back with an excited expression on her face.

"Okay Hyejinie, you get to choose first. We got two versions of something for you soulmates." Wheein smiled, though inwardly she cried, I want to be your soulmate!

She turned with a start to Hyejin as she yelled, "WOAHHHHH!! OHHOHO~" Wheein saw a large, colourful bucket bag in Hyejin's hands, and yelled with her, "THAT'S BOMB YO!" Both of them turned to Byulie unnie, and with a smile, she held the large black sack in front of her, inviting Wheein to take her present out of it.

Looking into unnie's eyes, she stepped closer to her to reach into the sack. In that instant, Byulie's sweet scent enveloped her, and a strand of silver hair wavered in front of her, teasing her playfully. She gazed at the strand of hair, drinking in Byulie's addicting scent. In that moment, all she could see was that strand of hair, now mocking her for not being able to catch it.

"Wheenie? Have you zoned out again? Come back~" Byulie unnie now called her, shaking the sack as if to awaken her. Wheein shook her head slightly and plunged her hand into the sack, willing herself not to look at unnie. Her hand bumped into something smooth, and she pulled it out. She found herself looking into the body of a large orangey-brown bucket bag, identical in every way but colour to Hyejin's. Grinning, she laughed again, "That's bomb yo!" Somehow her voice lacked her usual brightness and Byulie unnie asked, "What's the matter? Don't like it?"

Wheein gathered her confidence and looked at Byulie unnie, who was looking at her curiously. There was no disappointment in her voice, and yet that made Wheein regret her reaction to it even more. "No, I guess saying 'that's bomb yo' the second time just sounds less funny to everyone. I'm really really happy with this. Now we can go out in matching bags, Hyejinie! It might even be big enough to hold Ggomo..." Wheein turned the subject to Ggomo and the new pet cafe Hyejin had told her about, and they continued to gossip about this and that until the sun began to set outside.

As Wheein left with Hyejin that evening, it just occured to her that everyone had forgotten about Byulie unnie's coming outing with Minhyuk. Just as well, huh?

And of course, Yongsun had reacted to Wheein's "zoning out" with slightly more feeling...