Chapter 14

Yongsun sat beside Byulie, watching as Mamamoo's makeup unnie put a some pink lipstick on her small lips. The makeup unnie chose wisely -- it was a beautiful colour on Byulie.

Behind them, the hairstylists were just finishing with both their hair, now finely brushed and polished so that they looked ready to do a hair commercial. Yongsun resisted the urge to flip her hair around and play with it, knowing she would ruin the hard work of her unnies.

As the makeup unnie moved away from Byulie, she grinned. "You want to flip your hair around, don't you?" Yongsun smiled, pleased but not surprised that Byulie had been able to read her mind so quickly -- it proved how close they were, how they had formed a mental bond no one could copy.

No one can take that away from us, not Wheein, not Minhyuk, not anyone.

"You know me too well, Byulie. I bet you just want to drink some Cola right now." "Wrong, I want to drink coke!" Byulie giggled at the silly joke, and Yongsun hit her, laughing, "Wow, this girl really thinks she's funny!"

Byulie took her phone out and pulled Yongsun closer to her. The two of them smiled brightly at the same time, just as Byulie opened the camera; Yongsun's smile grew even wider as she realised they now did the same things too.

After taking a few selfies and random photos, both sat down on a sofa, taking Hyemin unnie's advice to get some rest before they had to go onstage, which was only two hours away. Byulie laid her head on Yongsun's lap, stretching her thin legs out on the long sofa comfortably. "What do you think the maknaes are doing right now?" she yawned, staring into Yongsun's eyes above her. Yongsun shrugged, tossing the matter aside. "I'm sure the stylists are attending to them, they'll come over sometime. Do you want some music?" Byulie nodded her head.

Yongsun pressed play on her favorites playlist, not realizing what the first song was. Her cheeks reddened as Byulie's short cover of "The Manual" started playing; Byulie laughed to cover her embarrassment as she heard her own deep, husky voice. "Wow, I'm honored to hear myself on your playlist, Miss Main Vocalist!" In a serious voice, Yongsun said, "It sounds really good, Byulie. It's even on my favorites playlist."

And then, "And you're my favorite person." Yongsun said it out of an impulse, and she felt her cheeks grow even hotter as Byulie's eyes widened. They stared at each other, Yongsun's heart thumping. What could the shining star lying on her lap so peacefully be thinking about now? Hopefully, similar thoughts were running in their minds.

It was a while before Byulie smiled softly and pinched Yongsun's cheek. "You're my favorite person too."

"For real?"

"For real."

"Not the maknaes?"

"They come pretty close, but they have each other."

"Don't you think they want you more sometimes?"

"I don't think they realize how much they mean to each other fully. Not Wheein, at least -- but they were meant for each other."

"That's deep, coming from you. But what about... about Minhyuk?"

Byulie didn't answer. Yongsun stared at Byulie for a few moments longer, then lifted her eyes slowly from Byulie, unsure what to feel. Did this mean that Byulie was lying to her just now, or was there something else?

It was a while before Byulie sighed, "Let's talk about this after the concert. I don't want your performance to be affected by my answer, and to be honest, I don't really know what my answer will be. For now, get some rest. I promise you, I won't forget to tell you later," she added, when Yongsun was about to ask for a promise. Yongsun felt slightly comforted at the fact that Byulie was able to read her mind again, and nodded her head. With Byulie's head on her lap, she watched her close her eyes, and soon Byulie was asleep, looking so peaceful and unworried like that, that Yongsun felt like joining her in her sleep too. Closing her own eyes, she willed their conversation to disappear from her memory, and luckily, sleep brushed her thoughts away easily.

And behind the door, Wheein darted away, with something Byulie unnie had said weighing on her mind like a heavy stone.