Chapter 10

Yongsun looked at Byulie suspiciously, lifting one of her pretty eyebrows as she asked, "Are you sure he said the date was going to take place on a rooftop?"

Byulie stared back, a little frustrated. "Unnie, I told you, it's not a date! And what's the matter if we hang out on the top of his apartment building? He did say it was safer to go there, away from public eye. You know rumours can start really easily." Yongsun sighed, wondering why Byulie was so innocent -- she was pervy all the time in Mamamoo, but in terms of actual relationships, she was as naive as a young child. It's literally the day of the date, and she still doesn't realize the reason Minhyuk wants to "hang out" with her?

"Well, I'd better get going. I'll see you tonight, unnie." Yongsun thought she could detect a hint of iciness in Byulie's tone as they parted. Her heart sank. It might be a good day for Minhyuk, but it was definitely not going well for Yongsun.

Minhyuk waited anxiously at the rooftop of the apartment building where he lived, wanting to run back down to hide in his room and see Moonbyul at the same time. Around him, the wind threatened to blow him off his feet, but he stood his ground firmly, his mind filled with the one person he could think of now.

Byul.

She had texted him last night, "Nervous?" to which he replied with "A little..." "A little" was an understatement, to say the least. He couldn't wait to see her again, take her in completely, have her to himself for once. Since Moonbyul really only saw this as a time to hang out, he didn't really have anything to do in mind, which was why he felt so anxious. He didn't want the two of them to just loiter around doing nothing.

Should they go back to his apartment and hang out there? Was it safer there? Would she feel embarrassed to step into his room? Or would she mind having to come out, even? Was he dressed too casually? There was still time...

"Hi, oppa!" Or maybe there wasn't.

He prepared himself and turned to face her. He felt like turning back around again. In front of him stood Moonbyul, dressed casually in a sweater and black jeans, with a jacket on top. She had tied her hair up and was wearing the glasses he had seen in her V Live back in Vietnam while barefaced.

"This... this is a new side of you I haven't seen before," Minhyuk started, talking about her bare face. "What, you don't like it?" Moonbyul asked. "No no no, it's really refreshing to see a female idol without makeup on, in front of me." Moonbyul smiled, which made Minhyuk's heart flutter. "So what are we doing now?"

"Well, I haven't actually got plans, so what do you want to do?" Minhyuk tried not to let the embarrassment show on his face. Moonbyul laughed, "This is different from the 'perfectionist' your members know of. Don't perfectionists always have a plan?"

"I-" "Nah, it's okay, oppa. If you want to, we can just go down to your apartment and play video games," Moonbyul cut in before he could stutter an explanation, saving him with an idea. "Yes! Let's do that," he agreed enthusiastically, and together they set off downstairs towards his apartment.

It then occured to him that he hadn't bothered to clean up.

Hi, im the author :)
i hope the ending for this chapter isnt too cringey/cliche for yall i just didnt want the chapter to be too long. the next chapter is like 1562555 lines long compared to the previous chapters so lmao