The Toxic Joke

When Red tells Harley that The Joker doesn't care about her, and Harley has a word against it.

"HE DOESN'T FUCKING LOVE YOU." Ivy yelled into Harley's ear.
"HE NEVER HAS AND HE NEVER WILL."

Harley sobbed, her eyes wailing of tears.
"Re..Red, plea..please stop! You're lying!" He loud screams collapsed her cracking voice.

"HE WILL NEVER CARE FOR YOU."
"SIMPLY BECAUSE, HE NEVER CARED IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

Pamela screamed into her burning, wet red eyes. The plant; almost felt bad, but she had to be stern. She saw the pain in Harley's eyes, though. Filled with rage and confusion.

"He does love, me, Red!" She choked loudly against her tears, hiccuping as she did.

"You're going to make me fucking lose my shit, Harley. Can you not comprehend it? He has never, cared for you. He has never loved you. Why'd ya come here in the first place, huh?"

She pointed at the numerous bruises against her pale skin.

"OH, because he abuses you! You're fucking OBLIVIOUS TO THE FACT THAT... Harley dear, he never loved you, and he NEVER WILL!"

Harley shook her hair, crying loudly with such a broken baby face.
"No.. no, he loves me."

Not able to control herself, she let out loud sobs, screaming in between and hyperventilating.

"I..I miss him!" She shrieked, crying furiously, and throwing a pillow at Pamela. Harley took her green and purple silk pillow, and held it tightly in her hands, still smelling his faint scent. It made her crazy, it drove her insane. Without his touch she was simply easily breakable.

"You fucking moron." Red spat, picking up the silk pillow — the only thing Harley could escape with when she left The Joker, and she ripped it. Letting the stuffing fall out, and then immediately throwing the bold purple and green colors in the trash.

She had cracked. How could something possibly crack if it was already broken? Red felt like cracking watching Harley's face. The bubbly blonde couldn't possibly breathe, as she had watched her vision cloud up.

"Harley, I'm sorry." Red spoke, out in the darkness. Watching the stuffing cover the floor, and along with it, small letters.

"Red." Harley sobbed. Pamela ignored her, picking up a letter out of dozens upon dozens.

Dear Love,
Why is it, that I can't see you in the face of my Puddin'? Only your enemy, Hate, has taken possession of his soul.

Pamela saw tear drops on the letter, glancing down to see many others.
Then looking at Harley, slowly begin to cover her sleeves.

"You're fucking kidding me." Pamela remarked, holding her face in her hands. She grew angry with herself, as she didn't notice how Harley could become sad, and fiddle around with a knife.

"I..can't do this anymore.. I wa.. I want to say goodbye." Harley sobbed. Her limp body crawled to the corner of the room, pulling out a gun and placing it on the temple of her head. She began quivering.

Voices shouted in her head, screaming, as Red yelled at her to put the gun down. But, she didn't want to stop, not to mention, she couldn't hear Red over the pounding screams in her head. Instead, she placed her finger on the trigger, as she listened to the voices. Then, once so familiar shouted in her ear.
A raspy, protecting voice. A voice that had impacted her so thoroughly, she couldn't help but notice it's firm tone defeat the sound of the other shrieks. They were telling her to fall into a deep sleep.
Sleeping Beauty... she thought.