Chapter twenty seven

One week until the wedding. The day where Liza and David promise to love each other forever was right around the corner. All the time put in to planning everything was about to pay off.

"Liza," David said as he walked into the living room. Liza was looking over the dining table that held all of her plans on it.

"Hey," she said, still focused on the table.

"What are you doing?" David laughed, wrapping his arms around her waist. He kissed her shoulder.

"Just making sure everything is okay with the wedding," she said.

"Okay, well don't stress over it too much. It will be perfect."

"Thanks babe," Liza said as she turned around to kiss David.

"Let's get out of this house. I'll go anywhere."

"Okay. I'll drive."

~

David and Liza pulled into the parking lot of a Target.

"Let's go," Liza smiled.

They walked in, holding each other's hands. Liza looked at a lot of stuff, but didn't buy it because of the cost of the wedding. They made a few jokes, filmed some things for David's vlog, then went back into the car.

"Let's just sit here for a second," David said. Liza smiled, then turned up the music that was playing from her phone. They didn't say anything to each other, they just let the music speak for them. After a couple minutes, David asked Liza a question.

"Are you scared?" He asked.

"Yes. I can't keep pretending that I'm not. I love you so much, David. I really do. But the future has always scared me."

"If it helps, I don't think I have ever been more nervous for something in my life."

They both laughed.

"But it's worth it," David said as he kissed Liza's hand.

"I really love you."

"I love you too."

~

As Liza pulled into the driveway, she noticed Alex putting boxes of his belongings into the back of his car.

"Alex!" David said as he got out of the car. "What's going on?"

"I found my own apartment," Alex said.

"What do you mean?" Liza asked.

"I'm moving out. You two will be married and want your own place. It had to happen at some point."

"Where's your apartment?" David asked.

"Only 5 minutes away. It will be fine, don't worry about me. You two deserve everything together."

"Thank you," Liza said as she hugged Alex.

"Let me bring out some boxes," David said.

"No need. These are the last."

David smiled. "Thanks for everything, Alex. You've changed my life."

"Hey! I'm moving right down the street. We will still see each other all the time. Besides, I'm fucking sick of you."

Everyone laughed.

"Do you need any help?" Liza asked.

"No. Almost everything is already there except for these boxes. You guys are more than welcome to come over if you want."