Hot Rides and Less-Than-Sober Badasses

(A/N I changed Auden, she's played by Lilly Collins now. And Donovan is now played by Tommy Bastow)

New cast to the side--->

Song of the chapter: (it doesn't really apply. I listened to it while writing this.) The Man Who Can't Be Moved- The Script

Chapter 5

...Hot Rides and Less-Than-Sober Badasses...

"Auden." I heard a familiar voice and I turned coming face-to-face with my best friend since childhood.

"Ryder? What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked my eyes widening, he just stared at me with that goofy smile of his obviously not giving a shit. He was slouched over with his eyes droopy and bloodshot leaning on a locker. "Are you high?"

He just nodded stupidly confirming my thoughts.

"Go Tobias." I said waving him away as I started walking towards Ryder. Tobias was hesitant to leave. He ran a hand awkwardly through his red hair and stood there awkwardly for a few seconds.

"I'll catch up." I assured him and he nodded before walking off on the trail Donovan and Rebecca had just left on.

"Do you like carrots?" Ryder snorted as I made my way towards him.

"Yes," I answered heaving him up on my shoulder. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked yet again as he almost fell but I caught him, shifting his weight onto my left side. This would be so much easier if my ankle wasn't already damaged.

"The rents were pissed and decided to kick me out again... You weren't home."

I sighed, the mass amount of pressure on my ankle making me want to collapse right there, but surely that would draw questions. And I would just have to heave Ryder's heavy frame off of me.

"Ry," I started pushing him off of me and grabbing his wrist as I made my way to the double doors leading outside. "I'm gonna take you to Maurice so you can sleep it off. Dammit he's gonna be pissed."

I pushed open the double doors and scanned the parking lot before remembering that Aunt Lilly had dropped me off this morning.

"How the fuck did you even get here?!" I asked walking around on the green grass stressfully. I bury my head in my hands before pulling myself together and taking a deep breath,

Bringing my hand through my black locks I turned to Ryder as he pointed out his black Harley. "You've got to be kidding me. You drove your bike! While you're high? Do you know how fucking dangerous that is?"

"Haha... That's a funny word." He said completely disregarding me. "Fuck. Fuck. Duck. Luck. Fuckity."

"Ryder Collins!" I all but screamed at him before reminding myself about his state at the moment.

Deep breaths Auden. Deep breaths.

"Give me the keys." I instruct holding out my palm and staring him straight in the eyes. This is met with a sheepish crooked smile that gets all the girls falling to his feet and a scratch of his neck.

"You see... What had happened was, I might've sorta... Lost the keys."

"Lost the keys?" I ask incredulously and then it clicks. "You lost the fucking keys?!"

He nods slobbishly and smiles idiotically almost falling over his own two feet, which were in place might I add.

"Ryder... How do you suppose we get you to Maurice? Huh?! I'm not walking there with your stumbling ass! So what're our options? Call Cinderella and see if she has room in her golden carriage? Get a genie to call Aladdin and ask if we can get hitch a ride on his magic carpet? Or maybe we can call up our good old friend Batman and see if he has room in the fucking Batmobile!"

My hands itched at my side and it took all my Will power not to strangle him to death.

Deep breaths Auden. Deep breaths.

I closed my eyes and breathed heavily remembering the trick that I was taught by my parol officer.

Ten. Nine. Eight. I counted taking in a deep breath and tapping my foot as I counted.

Seven. Six. Five. I released the breath I was holding before breathing in again.

Four. Three. Release.

Two. Breathe.

One.

Release.

My eyes are opened yet again and I stare straight at Ryder as he took interest in a potted rose sitting on the rock bed at the bottom of the steps.

"I've got an idea." I said before turning and heading back into the school. "Don't play in oncoming traffic!" I yell over my shoulder before disappearing back into the death chamber to find a very inquisitive nerd.

A/N

Sorry it's short yet again. But I've made it a habit of mine to work on this story and not my others so I've stopped it here. But I'll try to upload tomorrow in apologies for this sucky chapter.

*creepy announcer voice*

So... Ryder is high.

How are they gonna get to Maurice?

What's Maurice gonna think?

These questions and more will be revealed in the next chapter of WHMN.