Chapter 4

Lance sat on his and Keith's bed deep in thought. A memory from long ago made Lance anxious and worried for his daughter. Keith walked back in from taking a shower, a towel around his hair so his pajamas didn't get wet. He noticed how on edge his husband seemed, and this worried him. He sat next to Lance and gently rubbed his back, causing Lance to come out of his deep thought.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Keith asked, still rubbing Lance's back.

Lance began to open his mouth and then closed it again. Tears began to well up in his eyes and he buried his face into his hands to try to hide them.

"Lance? What's wrong?" Keith asked, lifting Lance's face up so he could look at him.

Lance's breathing was short and shaky, but he could compose himself.

"I-it's just...... what if she ends up like me?" Lance asked, wiping the tear that was falling down his cheek.

"What are you talking about?" (SEASON 3 HNNHHHHHHNNN)

"You know depression is genetic in my family Keith. So what if because of the bullying she-" Keith cut him off.

"That's not gonna happen. She's strong. Just like you. You came over all the obstacles and look where we are today. We'll keep a close eye on her if we have to. But everything's gonna be okay." Keith placed a soft kiss of Lance's head.

Lance nodded before burying his face into Keith's shoulder. Keith pet his head, humming lightly. If anything were to happen they'd make it through. They always had.

Lance's paused before speaking again, his voice cracking a bit.

"I'm ugly aren't I?" He looked down at the light scars that went up and down his arms.

Keith took his hands in his, and kissed his arms gently.

"You are not ugly Lance. You're my beautiful husband." Keith kissed him, gently.

Lance got up to check on Lana. He creaked open her door, and was relieved to find her asleep.

"Why don't you take a nap?" Keith suggested, running Lance's back. Lance nodded and got into bed. Keith kissed his head gently, and went downstairs to make dinner.

About two hours later he could hear shouts of frustration and things being thrown from upstairs. He rushed up to Lana's room to find her crying, holding her head. Her walls had scratches on them and things were thrown around the room.

"Lana! What did you do?!" She looked up, tears pouring down her face, her senses coming back to her.

"I-I'm sorry Mommy! I d-didn't mean to-" a choked sob cut her off. Keith pulled her into a tight hug, petting her head.

"It's okay. It's okay." He whispered over and over again to her. Lance rushed in.

"W-what happened?!" Lana cried harder, guilt sinking into her. Keith shushed him gently and directed his attention back to Lana. Lance walked over to the pair, hugging Lana as well.

After cleaning up the room, the trio went downstairs to have dinner. Lana ate slowly, Keith and Lance watching her.

"I'm sorry." Lana said for about the 40th time.

"Lana you have nothing to be sorry for." Lance walked over to her, holding her close.

"Why do I have to be different?" She asked.

"Why wouldn't you want to be different? It makes you 10 times more special." Lance said, rubbing her back. Keith nodded in agreement.

"Special?"

"Yeah. You're not the only one who's galra." Keith transformed into a galra, and Lana's eyes went wide.

"I've been like this before. You were just too little to remember." Keith smiled. Lana nuzzled against him and she felt better about how she was.

Later that night, Lance and Keith were in their room sleeping, with Lana in the middle for the night. They were a small family, but they were the closest as well.