S E V E N

"So have you contacted your sister yet?" Stefan Salvatore asked Caroline. Caroline sipped the alcohol while sitting at the bar with her friend. Caroline had told the Mystic Fall's gang about her older sister about three week's after finding out about Scarlett. The gang had done all sorts of research on Shadowhunter's and what they hunted. Care had asked for books from her mom, and then they went into full on research. Everyone had found Shadowhunter's interesting, and all loved learning about them.

"No. I'm too afraid. She doesn't even know I exist. What if she hates my guts and kills me? What if she's some bitch who thinks she's better than anyone else? What if she doesn't care about having a sister?" Caroline rambled on about the blonde mystery that lived in Brooklyn.

"Hey, why don't you at least call her and let her know about where you guys live, maybe she'll come and meet you." Stefan tried to reason. Caroline stared at the brunette for a long while before thumbing out her phone and typing in Scarlett's number that she had memorized over the past month that she's know her number.

Caroline inhaled sharply before hitting the call button and putting the phone against her ear. She was nervous to talk to Scarlett. She was bouncing her leg up and down awaiting for an answer. On the third ring a giggling 'Hello' rang through.

"Hello?" Scarlett giggled as she pawed away Jace's hands as he tickled her sides. The two were waiting for Clary and Isabelle to be ready for the party. "Jace!" She scolded quietly as she moved the phone away from her mouth. Scarlett got off the bed and stuck the middle finger up at the blonde. Caroline heard the scolding with her supersonic hearing. Jace chuckled at her.

"Hi. Sorry about that. Who is this?" Scarlett asked walking towards the window and crossed her free arm over her stomach.

"Is this Scarlett Forbes?" A light voice said on the other end. Scarlett furrowed her brows as it didn't sound like anyone she knew. "This is. Once again, who is this?" Scarlett asked.

"Um. Well. I'm Caroline. Caroline Forbes. I'm your sister." Caroline said, squeezing her eyes shut, waiting for a response.

"I'm sorry but I don't have a sister. My mother left years ago and I believe she is dead." Scarlett tried to explain. Scarlett was worried that this girl was just a mundane who was crazy.

"Scarlett. Listen to me. I am your sister. You know those two blonde women you saw just a couple years ago when you were coming home from a hunt? You were wearing a pink dress, pink lipstick, and you were barefoot. Scarlett I'm not trying to trick you or hurt you. This isn't a joke. I'm your sister. And mom is alive." Caroline explained with Stefan staring at the side of the blonde's face.

"How do I know this isn't one of Valentine's tricks?" Scarlett spoke calmly, trying not to let her voice waver. Scar had tears welling in her eyes, afraid that this was just some sick trick to try and get her off guard, or hurt her.

Jace saw in the reflection of the window that Scarlett's eyes were teary. He rolled off the bed and stood behind her. He placed a hand on her shoulder to turn her around. She did slowly and looked up at Jace as a tear slipped from her eye. The words that Caroline was telling Scarlett caused Scar to go speechless.

"If you want to meet me, and or see mom. We live in Mystic Falls, Virginia. You'll have to go to the Salvatore Boarding house." Caroline explained before hanging up. Scarlett stared at Jace as she dropped her arm to her side.

"I-I have a sister." She mumbled quietly. Jace's brows raised in shock. "You have a sister?" He asked softly, resting his hands on the base of her neck softly. He moved his thumbs back and forth to try and calm her tense shoulders.

"My mom is alive." She whispered softly before a small smirk ghosted at her lips then disappeared.

"Jace. I have to go and see them." Scarlett explained pressing her hands against his chest and moving them around and she hooked her fingers together and hugged Jace against her. He hugged back, wrapping his arms around her as well.