24

After I left confetti in the drawer with Jiji's in-somewhat-less-than-mint-condition Icha Icha Paradise books, I went home to get started on dinner. I decided to make Thai spring rolls. Since I was lazy I used shadowclones for the dusting, vacuuming, and laundry. They got done rather quickly and I decided to get started on making desert. I laid out all of the ingredients for apple pie. As I was measuring out 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, I felt arms wrap around my waist. "Something smells good." Kakashi murmured. As if I wouldn't notice him trying to snatch an apple slice. I smacked his hand. "Not until after dinner." Even though it made my heart skip a beat, I ignored his pout. "Sit down or you'll be fending for yourself for dinner tomorrow." Kashi was gone before I finished speaking. He can't cook to save his life. I think he heard me laughing because he shouted from the dining room. "YOU'RE EVIL!" As if I didn't already know that. "Well, I am host to a demon." As I set the plates on the table I stuck my tongue out at him. "I obviously don't need any more training, so I think you should work with Sasuke this month." I said. "But I wanted to spend time with you. You know the Third probably only did that to try and cause us a headache after all." Kakashi complained. "I'm more than willing to help train Sasuke. Also, before I came here I made sure to give Jiji a headache of his own. Givin Sasuke's personality he probably has a lightening chakra nature like you, and he has the sharingan, which would enable him to use your original jutsu if you so choose to teach it to him. Pie?" Kakashi perked up at the mention of pie. Of course. Once dinner was finished we went into the living room to watch a movie. It was called Strange Magic, and it was pretty good. By the end though I was half asleep. I could hear Kashi chuckling. He lifted me up and I snuggled closer to him. He carried me to our room, which would normally embaress me, but this time I was too tired to care. We curled up on the bed together. I was already in my pjs since that's what I usually wear around the house. They were white silk with red hearts. The hearts had black wings. They were a little worn since they're my favorite pair. Kashi usually slept in the same kind of black anbu style pants he wore in the daytime. No shirt, and I sure as hell wasn't complaining about that. Kurama knew I could take care of myself now, so most days he would chase rabbits, and most nights he'd be either in my seal, or on the bed I brought into the master bedroom with us. I threw an arm around Kashi and nuzzled his neck. Just before falling asleep I let out a contented sigh. And then the peace was momentarily shattered by a scream. "NARUTO!" My last thought was 'Good. Jiji found his books.'