Stuck In Your Head

A few weeks passed and Tyler came home from school, exhausted. Bryan was sitting on the couch. Tyler plopped beside him and sighed. "You okay?" Bryan asked. "Yeah, just, Cody still won't get over it. Everyone...sees me differently." Tyler said.

"Monster." He repeated what he had been called.

He looked at Bryan. "Do you think I am a monster?" He asked. He looked confused. "No? Does someone else?" "Everyone else! Everyone said I had this...look about me that night. I don't even know what came over me. I felt like...a wolf protecting a pack member." He sighed. "I guess school has turned into hell." Bryan poked out his lip. "Make it feel like home."

The next day, it was a Saturday. Bryan walked in the kitchen shirtless. Tyler sat at the bar, looking down on his notes. Dark circles under his eyes from sitting there all night. Bryan grabbed a water from the fridge and took a sip. Tyler looked at him and then back at his notes.

"Uhm, are you okay? You've literally been on the same page all night." Bryan said. "Y-Yeah....just..a-a little tired..." Tyler said. "Go to bed." Before Bryan could finish that, Tyler was already stumbling to his room. He locked himself up and it all began.

Tyler walked over to his bed after making sure the door was locked and he clasped. He sighed, face down. Everything hit him at once like a train. He heard this loud scream and it scared the ever loving shit out of him. He stood up and his knees gave out, making him stumble and lean against the wall. He slid down with his back. He heard it again, along with other screams and certain voices that seemed really familiar.

Déjà vu.

He'd been here before as a child. "P-Please...God, please." He whispered, while beginning to tremble. He began to feel it again. That certain feeling where fear lived in his bones. He grabbed the sides of his head, and begged silently for it to go away. He looked up, having small flashes of his childhood. Being insulted on the daily. Being beat as well. Always having new cuts and bruises, some he caused himself.

"I won't do it again, atop my heart like a secret closet...no one could penetrate." He sighed, shaking. It went black for a second before he saw a figure standing over him. It was even more familiar. He winced down as it raised its hand and quickly disappeared. His vision cleared as he found his feet and stood. He shook his head because he was so shook. For the rest of the night, he was overthinking.

"It's all in your head."

"It's all in my head."

"My head."