Maria, Maria

Time passed, seasons changed. So did everything else. Tyler grew depressed and everything was against him. Bryan tried being a happier person. Getting out more, hanging out with people. Bryan walked into Tyler's room one afternoon. "I know you want to go. It's Halloween! I know you didn't get a costume but I have a few cosplay things. We can throw together something for you!" Tyler rolled over, dark circles under his eyes. "B, I really don't want to go." Bryan crawled on the bed and plopped on him. "Please? Maria might be there." He said.

"Oh Maria, Maria...
She reminds me of a west side story, growing up in Spanish Harlem.
She's living the life just like a movie star.
Oh Maria, Maria...
She fell in love in East L.A, to the sounds of the guitar.
Yeah,
Yeah, played by Carlos Santana."

Tyler sighed,"Maria? Ugh. She doesn't even like me." He said, kind of sad. "I'm not taking no as an answer, you love Halloween." By that point, Tyler was being drug into Bryan's room. Bryan opened his closet and pulled out an Edward Scissorhands cosplay. "Holy...how'd you even get that?" Tyler's eyes widened. "Ask questions later." Bryan smiled. Tyler then sighed,"I'll go, I guess. I'm not wearing a costume though." Tyler walked out, went to his room and changed. He put on his soft brown hoodie with the grey fur on the hood, skinny blue jeans, brownish gold converse, and a belt with gold rings. He went back to Bryan. "Is that my black hoodie?" Tyler asked Bryan. "Yeah, and your black jeans." Tyler smile lightly. "Of course." Bryan put on black converse. "What're you supposed to be?" He asked. "Nothing. I changed my mind." Bryan said.

Time passed. Tyler stood at the party, holding a drink. People had cool, sexy, simple, complicated, dumb costumes on. Bryan was with Maria and a few more of his friends. Tyler sipped his drink, it being a strong alcoholic something. Maria walked over to him. "Hey there, whatcha doing all by yourself?"

"Oh Maria, Maria..."

She was dressed as a pirate, and did a good job. "I don't even know." He smiled, feeling warmth in her presence. "Ah, well, there's a haunted house about a mile through the woods. Maybe you and I could go." She suggested.

Tyler looked at Bryan through the crowd. Seeing he was having fun without him. A spark of jealousy ignited inside of him. He narrowed his eyes, feeling a bit of anger. "Okay." He grabbed her hand and they went outside. After a little while, Bryan went to where Tyler was standing. He looked around. "U-Uhm." He looked at his friend, Andre. "Where'd Tyler go?" He asked. The cute male looked around. He looked at another one of their friends as the girl nodded. "I think Maria was trying to get him to go to the haunted house up the road. I wanted to go." Andre chuckled. Bryan smiled slightly, "Lets go." He grabbed his friends hand and they went. After a little bit, they walked in the woods. Andre sighed. "Are you and Tyler just roommates?" He asked. "Yeah. C'mon, I was friends with you before I even moved in with him, I would've told you if we were something more." Bryan said. They walked the moonlit path in the woods. "I guess so." Andre walked close to Bryan, gently brushing his hand against his. Bryan looked at him, blushing awkwardly. "Uhm. Just..." he went to hold his hand. Andre sighed, not taking the offer. "I thought you two dated. After that night at Tyler's school. Yes, I was there with someone." He said. Bryan retreated his hand. "I think we just got a little close. That was all that happened that night." Andre chuckled at that. "You never were a good liar. You know you like him. I've been your friend for a while, just talk." He said. Bryan stomped. "He's amazing. I just, I don't think he would ever be into me. He likes Maria. He's in my mind a lot? I always want to talk to him. I smile, when I think of him. I listen to his favorite songs." Bryan sighed. "Aw, you have a big crush." His friend laughed. "I do. A crush. Do you know why they call it that?" He friend looked at him. "Because that's how I feel, knowing he doesn't feel the same." Bryan finished, getting to the haunted house. He saw Tyler by himself. They walked up. "Where's Maria?" Tyler rolled his eyes. "I tried asking her out and she told me she was with Cody. She blew me off and all this that and the other. She doesn't even want to see me. What'd I do?" He looked at Andre. "Hey, man." They said their hellos. Andre gave Bryan this look. "I've got to go home, I've got to work tomorrow. See you guys around." He turned and started walking the trail back. Tyler sighed. Bryan shifted his feet in the leaves beside the entrance. "Do..you want to go in?" He asked. Tyler smiled, "Yeah." As they did. They walked in, getting jump scared and all of the other haunted house things. They finished about 20 minutes later. They went home.