Casey Daughtry

2 months later, Bryan passed the rooms, trying to figure out what room it was again. He found it and walked in with a fluffy polar bear plushie. No one was in the room so he stood there.

A doctor came in and asked him to sit down in the chair by the window. "Mr. Empire..."

"Call me Bryan...please, sir."

"Okay, Bryan. I am sorry to be the one to break this to you, but Casey Daughtry has lung cancer. We got the results this morning, it is stage 2, but it is progressively getting worse."

"He goes by his middle name, Tyler..." He growled. "Will he get through it?" He asked.

"Six to eight months. A year, if we're lucky. I am so sorry." The doctor walked out.

Bryan held the plushie, tears forming.

He heard the door open, as a nurse pushed him in a wheelchair. She helped him into the bed and he lied there. He stared at the ceiling, they sat in silence.

"T-Tyler...I'm sorry..." he whispered. He pulled the chair by the bed, and sat the plushie beside him. Tyler grabbed it, and held it close to him. Bryan grabbed his hand and held it.

"Who wants to live forever anyway?" Tyler smiled slightly, tears forming and spilling over while he looked at him with head turned. Bryan leaned up, kissing his cheek, with fresh tears soaking his lips. Tyler sat the plushie on the side of the bed, and leaned over on his side, reaching his arms out. Bryan leaned, pressing his forehead to Tyler's. Tyler held his hand behind Bryan's neck.

"Is it too l-late to be someone worth missing?" He asked. Bryan kissed his forehead softly. "Please, don't talk like that. I love you, Tyler. You're not going to leave me. This isn't going to be the end."

They remained like that, until they fell asleep. Bryan woke up to someone tapping his shoulder. "Visiting hours are over, Mr. Empire." The nurse walked out. Bryan stood, and tried not to wake Tyler. He kissed his cheek, and left. Leaving the plushie and his heart.

He closed the door, and Tyler opened one eye. He turned his head to the door, both eyes open. Another nurse, a woman Tyler and Bryan actually liked, walked in.

"Hey, handsome." She closed the door, holding a clipboard. "You doing okay tonight?" She asked as she sat. "Yes, ma'am." He said weakly. "Was that Bryan that I saw leave just now?" She asked. "Yes. He came and spent the afternoon with me. He was able to get off work. Ms. Janie, can I talk to you about something?" He asked. "Of course, anything sweetie." She said. Tyler leaned up, grabbing at his hair. He pulled some out easily. "I am losing my hair, I've been told I was getting better...tell me, am I dying?" He asked in all sadness. She was taken back for a minute before sighing. "I am sorry, but you have came up to a stage 3. The radiation in the medicine is what might be causing your hair to fall out so quickly." Tyler lied back down, looking at the ceiling. "I want Bryan back. Now." He had tears in his eyes. "He is not part of your family, dear. He is only a boyfriend." She stood.

Tyler glared at her. "I'm not trying to be mean, Ms. Janie, but if I don't get my B back here now, it might get ugly."

"I'll send for him, right away, Mr. Daughtry." She walked out.