Happiness

Later that night, after showers and getting ready for bed, dinner and a few minutes of tv, Bryan broke the silence on the couch. "You're upset over a girl that was trying to cheat on her boyfriend." He grumbled.

Tyler glared at him from his recliner. "Don't even come at me with that, Bryan. I didn't realize it, and I fell for her pretty hard." He said. "You can do better than what you chase after. You can do so much better." Bryan glared back. "What if I can't? I can't." Tyler huffed. "Are we back there? We're not in high school anymore, Tyler. You don't have to get used and shit by girls not worth your time."

Tyler stood up, he was obviously crushed by what he said. Tyler was always pouring his heart out to have it stepped on. "What is this, a test I cannot pass?" He growled. Bryan stood up as well and actually stood up into his face. "You're breaking your promise to me! You were never going to hurt yourself in these situations ever again! That word is shot to hell! This isn't about to promise! It's about security!" Bryan showed his teeth like a snarling dog. "What is that supposed to mean, jerk?" Tyler slightly pushed him. Bryan caught himself. "You never keep your promises! You promised to never let yourself get hurt! You said you weren't going to fall again, and look what you're doing! You're also letting your past get to you! Yeah, the past couple of weeks have been hell, I can tell it has been! You also said you'd never hurt me! It hurts me when you're hurt!" He pushed him back, hard enough for Tyler to fall back in his chair.

It was like something snapped inside of Tyler. He closed his eyes in his chair a minute before glaring up at Bryan. His glare eased. "I.." Bryan couldn't finish before Tyler kicked him back onto the coffee table. He stood up, as Bryan was trying to get himself together. Tyler walked past him and went to the kitchen. He looked up the sink and grabbed a bottle of Jägermeister. Bryan got up and looked out. "Please, don't do that Ty-"

"SHUT UP."

He stormed off into his room. Bryan sighed, looking down on the cracked glass table.