Prologue- Death

A/N- I am well aware that this ship is not well known among the fandom

Hope I can make people more aware of the ship?

It does start off very Elricest like though

On another note this is a sad fanfic ok

--------

I do not own any of these characters or Fullmetal Alchemist

The lyrics are from 'Listen to your heart' by DHT

--------

Pairings- RoyAl, Elricest, RoyEd (Implied)

Rating- PG-13

Prompts- Incest, yaoi and angst

---------

ι кησω тнεяε's sσмεтнιηg ιη тнε ωαкε σғ үσυя sмιℓε

ι gεт α ησтιση ғяσм тнε ℓσσк ιη үσυя εүεs, үεα

үσυ'vε вυιℓт α ℓσvε вυт тнαт ℓσvε ғαℓℓs αραят

үσυя ℓιттℓε ριεcε σғ нεαvεη тυяηs тσσ ∂αяк

Alphonse POV

Watching brother huddled up in that hospital bed made me feel sick.

Even sicker then he was.

"C-can't you save him?" I choked out, tears stinging my eyes. The doctors shook their heads.

Even I could tell he was close to death, hanging onto life with the last of his strength.

"L-let us be alone, please" I spoke softly, staring at the ground. The others slipped out of the room, leaving me and brother alone. I turned to face him.

His skin was papery and bone white. His usually fierce golden eyes had been reduced to dull, lifeless yellow orbs, half closed. His blond hair was messy. He smiled, you could see it was effort just to do that.

"Ed, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner that I loved you. A month, isn't much, at all." I said, biting my lip to hold back tears.

"Al. I should of said something first. Just please, take care of yourself when I'm gone" He said weakly. I gripped his hand, choking on my own tears, barely daring to look eye to eye with him.

"Y-you can't go!" I felt like screaming. Ed smiled one last time.

"Goodbye brother. I love you" He managed to say, before death grabbed hold of him. My grasp on his hand loosened. I fell to the ground, sobbing. The others came back into the room. The world was blurred. My throat and head were sore. Tears streamed down my cheeks, pain was threaded through my sobs.

"The sickness has finally taken him" was murmured. I screamed, my body wracked with sobs.

I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder. Through the world blurred by my tears, a tall man with black hair and dark eyes, a man I knew well, stood over me. He picked me up, carrying me away from the hospital. I didn't even try to resist. I was ridden with grief.

--------