Chapter 9

I've been M.I.A. forever, right?

~

-Nia-

The next morning I woke up to sunlight pouring into a bedroom that wasn't my own. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, remembering that I had spent the night at Trey's place. The spot in the bed next to me was empty and I could hear shower water running in the bathroom. As I stood up to stretch, the water shut off and a few seconds later, Trey walked into the room with a towel around his waist.

"Good morning," he chuckled as I just looked him up and down, speechless. Finally, I snapped out of my daze and ducked around him into the bathroom. "No kiss?" he asked with a pout. "Not until I brush my teeth," I responded while trying to push him out of the bathroom. When he wouldn't budge, I sighed and rinsed off my toothbrush. Trey wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and began placing soft kisses on my neck.

"Stop," I said through a mouthful of toothpaste. "Nope." Trey continued nibbling on my neck until I bent over to rinse out my mouth. When I was done, I turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You're so annoying," I said. He smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist. "But you love it," he replied before kissing me.

My heart sped up as our lips moved together. Everything about this man drove me crazy. His lips, his smile, his body, his ability to make me feel sexy...everything. Kissing him made my knees go weak and his touch made my whole body tingle with excitement. Just being alone in his presence was overwhelming at times. I had never wanted anybody as badly as I wanted Trey...I craved him, both physically and mentally.

I bit his lip as I pulled away. "I have to get ready to go," I said. "You're leaving?" He stepped away from me and frowned. "Sorry babe." I walked back into the bedroom and began pulling my clothes out of my bag. "Where are you going?" he asked.

"If I tell you, you'll be upset."

"Are you going to see Ronnie?"

"After I stop by my house first, yes."

His silence made me regret telling him. After what seemed like forever, he sighed. "Well, can you pencil me in for tonight?" he asked. "Pencil you in? What am I, your therapist or something? You don't need an appointment to see me," I said while pulling my shirt over my head.. "It seems like it," he mumbled. I flopped down on the bed and groaned, unable to hide my frustration. "He's my boyfriend Trey, I have to spend time with him."

The look on his face made it seem like he wanted to say something, but decided against it. Instead, he just sighed again and placed a kiss on my cheek. "I'll see you later then," he said. "That's all I get? A kiss on the cheek?" I pouted and crossed my arms. "Yup. I'm mad at you right now," he said matter-of-factly. I stared at him in disbelief for a moment. "Fine," I said while grabbing my bag.

"Aww baby come on, you know I was playing!" Trey called as I walked down the hall. I turned back in his direction. "Were you?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yes." He walked over to me and grabbed my butt. "You know I can't stay mad at you." He let his hands rest on my ass while leaning down to kiss me. "You're gonna get me in trouble," I said breathlessly as I reluctantly pulled away from him. "Good," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "See you tonight."

"Bring more clothes!"

---

When I got home, no one was there. I tried calling both my parents, but neither one answered. I ran up to my room, dropping my bag by the door and walking into my closet. I stared at the clothes in front of me, not having the slightest idea of what I wanted to wear. My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was Ronnie. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, I have some bad news. My parents are dragging me to some birthday party so I can't hang out with you today."

A wave of disappointment washed over me. "Oh...okay," I said. "I'm really sorry babe," Ronnie said. "No it's fine. We can just reschedule." I walked back into my room and sat on the edge of the bed. "Are you sure you're not upset?" he asked. "Positive. Have fun and just call me later," I said. "Okay. I'm going to make it up to you, I promise. I'll call you when I get back home," he said. "Alright, bye." I hung up and sighed.

Now I had nothing to do for the rest of the day. I could go back to Trey's, but he had probably already made plans. Those plans were with Tanaya, I'm sure. If I can make plans with Ronnie, why can't he makes plans with the girl he'd taken on a couple of dates? I tried to brush the thought off and changed into comfortable clothes before going downstairs to find something to eat. Once I made myself lunch, I settled down in the den and prepared for a day on the couch watching Netflix.

I had made it through a full episode of Grey's Anatomy and was halfway through the second one, when the doorbell rang. A few seconds later, Michele was in the den. "Oh, hey. I didn't know you were here," I said. She just nodded and gave me a weird smile. "Someone is at the door for you," she said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and followed Michele out to the main hallway. "Ronnie!"

He chuckled as I threw my arms around his neck. "I thought you weren't coming," I said when I pulled away from him. "You really thought I was gonna miss the opportunity to spend my day with you? Never." The smile on my face was impossible to hide. "Whatever you want to do, I'm down for it. This day is about you," Ronnie said. I smirked and grabbed his hand, pulling him back into the den. When he saw what I was watching, he shook his head and sighed. "You're obsessed," he said.

We spent a majority of the day watching TV. Eventually Ronnie asked if I was hungry. After taking a shower and putting on fresh clothes, I was ready to go and we headed out to dinner. My parents still weren't home when we got back from dinner. "They went to go stay with grandma and grandpa for the weekend," Michele told me. Ronnie and I ended up in my room, kissing on the bed. "Thank you for an amazing day," I said. "No problem. I probably should go soon though..."

I frowned and moved away from him.

"Don't be upset," he said.

"Stay tonight."

"That's probably not a good idea."

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Because your parents--" he started.

"Are gone for the weekend. Besides, they don't neeed to know everything I do."

He was silent for a few seconds. "Okay. I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to stay."

I squealed happily and tackled him onto the bed, covering his face in kisses. Once he managed to pry me off him, Ronnie stood up and pulled his shirt over his head. "Would me being in my boxers make you uncomfortable?" he asked. "Not at all," I said quickly. He chuckled at my eagerness before taking off his pants. I went into the bathroom and changed into a T-shirt and shorts then joined Ronnie in the bed.

For a while we just lay there, our legs tangled together while I played with his curls. Then, I remembered something. Trey. I hopped out of bed. "I'll be right back." Before he could respond, I was downstairs dialing Trey's number. It rang for a while before going to voicemail. "Hey babe. My mom is being a mom and won't let me leave the house tonight. I'm really sorry and hope you're not mad. But anyway...just call me tomorrow. Okay...bye."

I hung up and sighed. Lying to Trey made me feel awful, but my day with Ronnie had been so nice. Having him stay overnight seemed like a good idea. Hopefully Trey would believe my lie, understand and not overreact.

When I got back to my room, Ronnie was fast asleep. I couldn't help but smile at how cute he looked, lying on his stomach and clutching the pillow. I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture before climbing into bed next to him. Ronnie shifted in his sleep, draping his arm around my waist. As I began to drift off, my mind went back to Trey and how I craved his touch more than anything in that moment.