Chapter 11

-Nia-

The next morning, I woke up in Trey's arms. It still blew my mind that someone could make me feel like this. I couldn't even begin to describe all the emotions that pulsated through my body whenever I was in this man's presence. No one had ever had this effect on me and it was exciting, but it was also terrifying. There was no doubt in my mind that I was in love with Trey. He was everything I could have ever wanted and more, but being in love also meant I was vulnerable. What if he broke my heart? I was afraid to open up completely for fear of being hurt. That was partly the reason why I wouldn't let Ronnie go and why I suggested that Trey keep seeing Tanaya. Maybe being in an "open relationship" would lessen the blow if things didn't work out with us.

I glanced at the clock, realizing that it was only 5 in the morning. Pushing the previous thoughts from my mind, I watched Trey sleep in the dim light. My fingers reached out and played with his eyelashes before gently tracing the contours of his face. His breathing remained steady as my fingers moved from his nose to his lips to his tattoos. When I touched him, electricity shot through my body. I didn't want to think of the possibility that I could lose him. This man was perfect and I was determined to do everything I could to keep him. I inhaled deeply, taking in his scent before exhaling and closing my eyes.

-

When I woke up again, Trey was still asleep. I slipped out of bed, careful not to wake him, and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I had just started making breakfast when my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Oh good, you're up. What are you doing today?" Akyla's voice asked from the other end. "My parents made dinner reservations for tonight, but I'm not really doing much before that," I said. "Well then you're coming shopping with me," she announced. "We always go shopping. Can't we do something else?" I whined. "Sure we can...AFTER we go to the mall. Langston is taking me out tonight so I need to look cute."

"When are you two going to move from dating status to couple status?" I questioned. "If everything goes as planned, tonight. He told me to dress nice, so I think tonight is the night he'll ask me to be his girlfriend," she said. "Mmm. Well give me time to get myself together and I'll come pick you up. I'll call you when I'm on my way." I turned just in time to see Trey coming into the kitchen. "Okay, see you in a few." There was a click and the line went dead.

"Good morning." Trey stretched and yawned before taking a seat at the island. "Good morning baby. Sleep good?" I asked. "Of course I did. You were in my arms all night," he said. A smile played at the corners of my lips as I made his plate. "Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, and toast? Damn, you love spoiling a nigga."

"I don't spoil niggas. I spoil men," I corrected. He chuckled and took a sip of orange juice. We ate breakfast in silence, but it didn't bother me. I loved the fact that we could just enjoy each other's presence without having to speak. Being in the same room, staring when we thought the other wasn't looking and all the other little things were enough for me.

"Thank you for breakfast baby," he said when I began to clean up. He slid out of his seat and my eyes immediately went to his grey sweatpants and the dick print that accompanied them. I quickly turned around before he could catch me staring. His arms slipped around my waist, pulling me close to him. My heart immediately began pounding as he turned me around and kissed me. I was thankful that his arms clutched me so tightly because my knees went weak as soon as our lips touched.

He lifted me onto the counter and began rubbing my bare thighs, his hands slowly making their way up to the hem of my T-shirt. My arms slipped around his neck and I wrapped my legs around his torso, pulling him in between them. He nibbled on my neck, slipping his hands up my shirt and pressing them against my stomach. His lips moved back to mine and he gently bit my bottom lip as he pulled away. I pressed my forehead against his and smiled. "I love you," I said. He licked his lips and kissed me again. "I love you too."