"trust"

Gerard surprised both Frank and himself by practically attacking the older boy in a hug when he caught sight of him standing outside their apartment door later that afternoon, wrapping his arms tightly around his friend even though he usually disliked any sort of physical contact, but it was different with Frank, everything was different with Frank.

"Hi," Gerard mumbled happily, his head burying itself into the spot in between Frank's shoulder and neck that seemed to be made just for him.

"Hi yourself cutie," Frank giggled in reply, his face stretching into a wide grin when Gerard pulled away sheepishly. The expression filled Gerard with a warmth that couldn't compare to anything else, not skype, not their phone calls, nothing beat this.

"Pete's not home yet," Gerard spoke up when Frank didn't say anything else, "he said maybe another hour or so I think."

"I know, but I wanted to see you, maybe take you out for some coffee if you are feeling up to it?" Frank beamed hopefully, glancing down at Gerard's hand until Gerard found the courage to open his palm, letting Frank link their fingers together before pulling him down the rickety stairs with a spring in his step.

~~~

Gerard was practically buzzing with nerves as he sipped on his cup of coffee, the caffeine probably not the best thing for him to be consuming in his agitated state, but he needed something to do with his mouth while he tried to decide how to admit his hidden feelings.

Luckily for him, Frank seemed to sense his anxiety, and somehow he also managed to accurately decipher the cause of it.

"Hey Gee, you know I like you a lot right...like as more than a friend," Frank spoke up slowly, his posture stiffening as he waited for Gerard to say something in response.

"I like you too - like...a lot," Gerard chuckled softly, his hand sneaking under the table so he could recapture Frank's fingers with his own, loving the feeling of Frank's warm skin pressed against his own in such an innocent fashion.

"And I'm aware that Pete spoke with you about my slightly different lifestyle?" Frank continued warily, his thumb running over Gerard's knuckles in a soothing gesture that had Gerard instantly relaxing, his cup of coffee long forgotten by this point.

"Yeah...he did," Gerard admitted, blushing slightly in embarrassment as he answered.

He hadn't known that Frank had been aware of that particular conversation, but he shouldn't have been surprised. Frank and Pete were best friends after all, and Pete most likely wouldn't have revealed such personal details about Frank without getting his approval first.

"How do you feel about maybe trying to be my submissive?" Frank prodded when Gerard said nothing else. "I would walk you through everything of course, and there is no set rules. I start fresh with each new submissive, and I would never do anything to make you uncomfortable of course. I just - I really like you Gerard, and I'll do anything to make this work, but if it's too much for you, then I understand."

"I did a lot of research about the topic," Gerard whispered softly. He was a bit uncomfortable discussing this sort of thing in a public place, but the coffee shop was lightly inhabited, so Gerard pressed onward bravely. "It doesn't sound that bad, and Pete told me that you don't...that you wouldn't..." Gerard stammered nervously, not wanting to make any assumptions regarding what Frank would and wouldn't do without hearing it from his own lips, but he was also unsure of how to broach the sensitive subject.

"Hit you?" Frank finished for him, his lips pulling together in a firm line of distaste.

"Yeah," Gerard exhaled sharply.

"I wouldn't, I swear on my life. I know this sort of relationship has gotten a bad reputation, but I don't get pleasure out of causing my subs pain. I do use punishments if they deserve them, but they can be any number of things, and I would find a method that would work for you without touching you in any way," Frank explained passionately, his eyes practically sparkling with hope as Gerard sighed in relief at his words.

"What would it mean if I said yes?" Gerard forced himself to ask, although all he wanted to do was tell Frank he would like nothing more than to be his boyfriend, submissive or not, but he had to make sure that he wouldn't instantly regret his decision by jumping into something that wasn't for him. "I've never even been in a relationship before, so this is all new to me."

"Well we would start slow in the beginning, I would ease you into the lifestyle, and any time you feel uneasy or afraid, we would talk about it until we reach a conclusion that works for the both of us. There aren't any specific guidelines besides the fact that you will defer to me in all things, but the main component is trust. You need to have faith in me and the fact that I can provide for you, that I can take care of you, and that I will know what you want even when you don't. I will typically make decisions involving most things between the two of us, but you are always free to speak up if you don't agree. You aren't a slave - in fact, you carry more power than I do, because if you aren't happy, then neither am I."

"That's it?" Gerard gasped in surprise, because that sort of lifestyle sounded wonderful.

He hated having to figure things out for himself, to have to struggle through each day with no idea if what he was doing was the best thing for him, but if Frank wanted to take those pressures away from him, Gerard would give that responsibility to Frank in a heartbeat.

"Well there is a bit more, but it will all come with time. I would like for you to move in with me if this works out for the two of us, but we have the whole summer to decide on that, and...I do like certain things in the bedroom, specifically tying up my subs, but once again, if that doesn't work for you, it's off the table. I just - fuck...I would do anything to be able to call you mine, you just have to give me a chance."

"I - yeah...fuck, I want to be with you Frank, and I am more than willing to try this, as long as you will be patient with me."

"Can I kiss you?" Frank asked excitedly, his expression happier than Gerard had ever seen it before.

"Please?" Gerard grinned, his body automatically tilting forward as Frank placed a gentle hand on the back of his neck, drawing their faces closer together until their lips were touching, and even though this wasn't Gerard's first kiss, it still felt like it.

Gerard gasped into Frank's mouth as a myriad of confusing sensations overwhelmed him, a glittering explosion of joy, adoration, want, and something that might have been the beginnings of love pulsing through Gerard's bloodstream as Frank continued to kiss him softly.

In that moment, Gerard knew he would do anything to be able to experience more of this, even if he was still slightly nervous, but now he was assured that Frank would never hurt him - actually, he had known that all along.

Frank wasn't his father, so for once, Gerard was going to take a risk and open his heart up to someone, and he could think of no one else besides Frank that he would rather do this for.

* * *

This chapter makes me grin so much I really adore Frank's character in this.

I think there are only two more chapters after this which I will try to get up soon.

Thank you all for the 600 reads on this story.

Chapter dedicated to RobinLlewellyn

((((soft vibes))))

- starr