"take things slow"

Everything wasn't perfect from that point onward, but Gerard hadn't expected it to be easy, despite Frank's patience with him.

Gerard struggled with certain things, but not the areas in which Frank had assumed he would, leaving a difficult period of adjustment to follow after the two of them decided to pursue a relationship.

Gerard wanted to please Frank in every way possible, including sex, although he was a virgin, and he was woefully innocent when it came to all things seduction related, but he feared that Frank would become bored with him if he didn't put out.

He should have known better though, and Frank quickly shut down Gerard's desire to jump straight into sex, holding to his earlier promise to take things slow, which Gerard was very grateful for in the end.

Their first few weeks were spent getting to know each other better. Frank insisted that he wouldn't be able to properly take his role as Gerard's dominant until he knew every in and out of Gerard, so they acted like a normal couple for a short time, going out on movie dates, cuddling on the couch while sharing secrets, kissing whenever the urge overtook them, and Gerard fell for Frank more and more with every passing day.

Finally, when Gerard swore he was ready, they began transitioning into the type of relationship that Frank was more accustomed to, and much to Gerard's surprise, he fell into the role of a submissive easily, as if he was made to be one, but it was only with Frank's help that he had discovered this need to please someone in order to find his own happiness.

Gerard did choose to return to New York with Frank once the summer had ended, sharing a teary goodbye with Pete after promising to visit as often as he could, because as much as he cared for Frank, Pete would always mean something to him - not romantically, but he had saved his life so many times, and Gerard would never be able to repay him for everything he had done for him.

Living with Frank was wonderful though, there was no other word for it. Per Frank's insistence, he didn't have to worry about paying rent, which apparently his parents still covered for him since they were quite well off, and he didn't push Gerard to get a job either.

In fact, he encouraged Gerard to discover what he loved before considering any kind of career, promising him that he would never have to do anything he didn't want to do, but now Gerard just had to figure out exactly what his passion was, which was easier said than done.

At first, Gerard quickly became bored, because Frank had a large work load, and although he always made time for Gerard, he had to maintain his grades as well, leaving Gerard with nothing to do besides try and stay out of Frank's way while he studied, so after a few weeks, Gerard took Frank's advice, attempting to find some sort of hobby that would occupy his attention while Frank was busy.

Gerard struggled with that task, because he didn't seem to be good at anything. He couldn't draw, he didn't play any instruments, he didn't like to garden, or to read that much, but one day when he was messing around in the kitchen in the hopes of finding something to eat, he decided to actually cook for once, and he found an uncanny sense of joy that he only experienced around Frank as he dug through the untouched cookbooks that Frank never used.

Once he managed to create a decently delicious pasta dish, he was filled with pride, because even if it was only a meal, he had made something, and Gerard knew then and there that he had found his calling.

Frank was ecstatic at his revelation, asking Gerard to cook for him more and more, always complimenting Gerard's new recipes, even when they didn't turn out exactly how he had hoped. Frank offered to send Gerard to culinary school if he so desired, but he declined for the time being, not wanting to lose his newfound love of cooking by adding the stress of classes and coursework to his life just yet.

It wasn't long after that when Gerard lost his virginity to Frank, his small successes in discovering who he was filling him with the confidence to give himself to Frank entirely, and this time, Frank didn't stop him.

Gerard was still slightly apprehensive about having sex, even though they had done everything but over the past few months, but Frank was amazing the entire time, making sure Gerard was comfortable every step of the way.

It was perfect in Gerard's opinion, and the night ended with Gerard muttering his first audible 'I love you' to Frank as a few tears rolled down his face while they were cuddled up together, the words emerging in a choked fashion as Frank pulled Gerard against his chest, dragging his mouth in for a heated kiss before returning the sentiment in a hushed whisper.

From then on, Gerard wasn't afraid anymore, and he found himself wanting to submit to Frank in everything while still standing up for himself in the few instances where he felt uneasy.

Gerard begged Frank to try new things with him in the bedroom, and he discovered his love of being tied up, because he trusted Frank enough to give up his mobility to him, and he also developed a bit of a biting kink, but true to his word, Frank never once hit him, even when Gerard reached the point where he might have been willing to attempt it if Frank had asked it of him.

Frank did have to punish him from time to time, but not for disobeying him, which Gerard rarely did, but for being unkind to himself.

Gerard still had some days where he struggled with his past, and Frank could sense it, knowing when Gerard was drinking to hide his pain instead of turning to Frank with it, or instantly sensing when Gerard would lie with a muttered 'I'm fine' when he was anything but, and although Frank explained that it was normal to still feel sad every now and then, he refused to let Gerard hide it from him.

It was only on occasions such as these when Frank would feel that he had to step in so Gerard learned that his evasive behavior wouldn't be tolerated, typically choosing to use the cold shoulder as his go-to method, because there was nothing worse to Gerard than when Frank ignored him, and he quickly grew out of all his bad habits that he had picked up over the years with Frank's help.

Frank was the epitome of a perfect dominant, knowing exactly what Gerard wanted without having to ask, always reading him like a book, even if Gerard did something as simple as sigh quietly.

Gerard loved being able to place faith in someone enough to know that they would take care of him without having to worry about everything, and even though he had never imagined a relationship like this could truly exist, it did - Frank and Gerard were living proof of that, and now here they were almost a year later, happier than ever and still head over heels in love.

* * *

There is only one more chapter left after this. I'll try to get it up soon but I do work the rest of the week.

Thank you all so much for being here and for getting this story to 700 reads.

I love you all xxx

Chapter dedicated to GeeisFranks

((((updating vibes))))

- starr