Chapter 4: We're going!

‘They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need. Please stay…’ I pushed the button on top of my alarm clock –a docking station so I could wake up with my own music instead of some stupid sound– and threw the blankets off of me. After straightening my blanket again I walked to the bathroom to begin my usual round. After getting dressed, I did my make-up, which was eyeliner and mascara, and after that I brushed my hair and made a side-braid. I ate my breakfast, brushed my teeth, and took a bag which was actually way too big since I only had to bring my bottle of water, an apple, my lunch, my wallet and my keys. But it was better than my normal schoolbag. I put it in my room as I went to search for my wallet when there was a not so soft knock on my door. That’ll be Jules. I walked back to open the door and Jules immediately ran in –literally– while yelling ‘We’re going!’ and began pacing around.
I knew she was nervous, since we were going to Lilith Peters High, but I didn’t know what the big deal was. They were just kids too. Just like us. They weren’t heartless, ruthless monsters. They showed that when they were here. I mean, they’re healers. That’s pretty awesome. I respect them for that. So no, I wasn’t as nervous as my best friend was.
‘I know Jules… I’ll just get my bag.’ And as Jules sat down on my couch, I went back to my bedroom to search for my wallet –which was just in my normal schoolbag–, took my bag and as I put my wallet in my bag, I walked back to Jules, who was still bouncing on the couch.
‘Let’s go.’ Jules immediately jumped up at my words and ran to the door.
‘How much sugar did you eat?’ I asked chuckling.
‘None! Just a cup of hot choco…’ I rolled my eyes and locked the door behind us. Jules gets really hyper when she has too much sugar or caffeine, and she jumps a lot. So I like it a lot when she has it. I could say I don’t like to feed her sugar but… I would be lying.
We soon reached the bus.
‘Everyone into the bus! Now!’ Someone’s a bit grumpy… Well, two someones. Beta and Gamma both were. I shrugged it off and got into the bus after Jules. Jules would’ve preferred a spot in the front, so she doesn’t get car-sick, but we were unlucky and got to sit in the back. What amazed me was that Alpha sat alone. He was on the right side, in front of the one next to us. I thought he would sit next to Beta, but I guess Beta sat down next to Gamma or something. I was about to tease Jules with her accompanying Alpha, but she looked out of the window. She spoke to me a couple of times, but most of the time, she was listening to music and doodling. I could listen to her music as well, but I didn’t exactly liked the specific song she as listening to at the moment, and I think she forgot to ask me after that one. So I looked out of the window too and looked around the bus a little. I was so glad it was only our class, since we were not those immature 5 year-old acting kind of kids. I looked over at Alpha, who was staring out of the window, then looked back at Jules, who was staring out of the window too and sighed. I actually kind of considered joining Alpha, but that would just be weird and very, very awkward. Jules did play a few short games with me, and we listened some songs together eventually, and then, we were finally there. We got out of the bus and my eyes widened. Their school is so much better than ours. It was huge! And so pretty! It was a white medieval styled mansion, almost castle-like. It had very tall windows which would’ve made every human confused considering they think vampires can’t stand sunlight. There was a beautiful garden that looked very well-kept too with all kinds of beautiful flowers and trees which would be perfect for photographing.
I looked over at Jules, and while I just looked around with big eyes, her mouth was wide open in shock. I understood though.
‘Done, Jules? You should close your mouth before you catch a fly.’ I chuckled. Jules glared at me and I just looked around again. There was such a peaceful aura around here.
The whole pack was out of the bus now, so Alpha whistled, getting everyone’s attention.
‘Remember what I told you about behaving? Remember it! I don’t want any of these guys getting all mad with me.’ I rolled my eyes as he turned around and walked away, knowing we would all follow. And we did. I couldn’t see where to, since we didn’t exactly walk right behind Alpha, but when Alpha stopped, we all formed some sort of half-circle around him. And that’s when I could see the vampire named Garret who stood under a maple tree, in the shadows, and smiled at us. I liked the guy. He was kind.
‘Welcome shifters, I hope you remember me from yesterday. My name was, and still is, Garret, leader of the C class. I would like to walk around the garden for a bit before we get back inside for tea.’ Yup, I most definitely like the guy. I mean, come on; we’re not going straight inside and start the first class!
‘They don’t burn in sunlight? Or get all shiny and sparkly?’ I heard Jules ask.
‘Jules, this isn’t Twilight.’ I knew Jules probably didn’t like me for saying it out loud. Especially since everyone, including Garret, looked at her frowning or smirking. She was blushing. Yeah, she’ll kill me if she won’t get something to distract her.
‘It’s best for us to stay in the shadows, since our skin is very sensitive. But we’re not like fairies.’ Garret answered Jules, and she smiled kindly at him, then looked at her shoes pouting.
‘I get it.’
‘Wait… You were the Dracula-girl, right? I would show you his diary.’ Oh right, he would! He just made me like him more, since he actually remembered.
‘Yeah, that’s me!’ Jules said, getting all excited.
‘I’ll take you there when we finished our tour.’ Jules nodded twice, then smiled at me brightly. Just by seeing her so happy, made me feel happy too.
‘I’m going to see his diary!’ Jules whisper-yelled to me when everyone minded their own business again. She practically jumped up and down. I shook my head and looked to the ground.
‘You really shouldn’t have drank so much chocolate milk…’