Chapter 15: VS

‘Alpha Trace,’ We had slowly crept closer to Percy’s group.
‘Alpha Percy,’ Trace icily replied.
‘Jay, Dylan.’ Percy now looked at the two Golden Path boys, and everyone could see that they had not told Percy about this: Percy looked way too pissed, maybe even hurt.
‘Alph- Percy…’ Dylan stuttered. He tried to look tough, but I could see he was having quite a hard time. And Jayden, he looked torn. It was sad, really.
‘I thought I had made it abundantly clear that I didn’t want any of you in my territory.’ Percy spoke up, tearing his eyes away from Jayden and focusing them on Trace instead.
‘Yeah well, we know you’re hiding something. Besides the whole magic thing, of course.’
‘This is not your business pup,’ Percy growled, ‘and you have crossed a line. Your actions will not go unpunished.’ Before we could even say something or do something, Percy motioned for the group to come forward and yelled: ‘Attack!’
Oh dear… Well that escalated quickly!
In just mere seconds, the whole place turned chaotic. I lost most people out of sight as the Golden Path wolves merged with our people. Midnight Moon’s wolves –our pack’s wolves–and the vampires worked together. The wolves needed someone who got their back, since we weren’t trained to fight these people. We had had a few trainings in which we fought, but never this serious. And besides that, these wolves had magical powers.
When I looked around, I saw wolves biting down in other wolves and vampires biting down in wolves, and blood… So much blood.
And Jules. Some shifted wolf was sneaking up on her as she looked around with big eyes.
I rushed to her, shifting mid-jump, pushing the grey wolf to the ground as I bit down. It was a she-wolf, quite small, and she yelped when my teeth pierced her skin. Jules turned around quickly at the sound. I sent her a quick message to tell her to get out of here as the she-wolf fought against me. I couldn’t kill the wolf, but I couldn’t risk her hurting more people either, so I didn’t quite know what to do. The wolf yelped again as ice crept up her sides, from the ground. I stepped back in surprise. When I looked up, my eyes met Jayden’s. He stood a few meters away, still human, his hand raised towards us. The she-wolf wiggled on the ground, trying to get out of the ice, but failed.
I nodded at Jayden as a thank you before running after Jules, looking after her to make sure she was alright. My heart was beating wildly in my chest as I looked around, trying to find my friend. I’ll protect you, I promise. I had promised her, and now I couldn’t find her.
I could see Charlotte and Matt, back to back, with Lyla and Missy beside them. Hunter and Adrien ran past me, already shifted. Jim and Logan were taking on a wolf who sent balls of light at them. I couldn’t find Mick, Rose, Trace and Juliet though.
Through the people, I could see a flash of silver fur. I evaded some crazy wolf jumping at me, rushing after Juliet. I could see her clearly now, being chased by a big brown wolf. The probably male wolf was gaining in on her fast. I sprinted in her direction, adrenaline allowing me to run faster than I ever have before. I jumped on the brown wolf’s back, biting his shoulder as we tumbled to the ground. The wolf quickly threw me off of him, and now growled at me with glowing brown eyes. Jules bit his tail, making him turn back to her. But before he had even taken a step towards her, Trace’s black wolf mingled in our little fight. He bit the wolf in his neck, pulling him away from both of us before working him to the ground.
I scrambled from the grass, trying to make my way to Trace and Jules, but was hit in my side before I reached them. I winced as I kicked the black she-wolf, scratching her belly but not getting her off of me. I snapped at her, both trying to kick her and biting her neck, just as she tried to bite me too. I was finally able to get her off of me. I shifted back quickly, holding the wolf down and made her shift back, the way we learned it at PE. She rolled over so she faced me, but I pushed her down before she was able to stand up. She was a teen girl with raven black hair and pale skin. I thought she might use whatever power she had, but she did nothing. She just looked at me with a grin. That’s when I saw some kind of black substance rolling down her chin. She saw me staring at it with a confused look, so she moved her shirt a little, revealing a black tribal tattoo of a snake on her collarbone.
‘I’m venomous. You might want to watch out for my bite, sweetie.’ She said with a sickening grin. Holy crap. What kind of ‘power’ was that?
The girl chose that moment to start fighting me back again. I was even more careful now that I knew this. The girl shifted back right under me, and I followed suit. I had to watch out for her mouth even more.
I yelped when her sharp nails clawed at my stomach and I fell off of the girl. From there, everything seemed to go in slow-motion. I saw Juliet looking up at me. I saw the girl charge for me with bared teeth, covered in the black, dripping venom. I felt myself move up. I felt my teeth sinking in her neck. I tasted the coppery taste of her blood. Because of my bite, her head moved a little. But not enough: I felt her teeth pierce the skin on the right side of my neck. From the pain, my jaws tightened, and I could feel the girl’s body go limp. She shifted back as her eyes went dull. Wobbling on my feet, I automatically shifted back too. I clutched my neck with my right hand, where I could feel the pulsing of my blood. An ice-cold feeling spread through my veins and my vision blurred. I heard Juliet call my name as I fell to my knees. I looked to my hand and saw red and black mixed, before I fell on my stomach. Right before my eyes closed, I saw a sobbing Jules dropping on her knees beside my head.