Becoming acquainted..

I woke up very early on the "D-day". Yup, the "D-day" here was the day I was supposed to resume in Juilliard. I had packed all my stuff and prepared fully well. To say I was excited was an understatement as I had really awaited this very day for three years of my life.

"Oh my gosh, it's finally happening!" I screamed and jumped on my bed. I quickly took a shower, singing and dancing to Ariana Grande's "One Less Problem". That was the quickest shower I had taken in ages! I don't know why but goosebumps suddenly appeared on my arms after it. Oh, I know why. I was going to Juilliard!!😂😂🙌...

"Na, na, na, na, na," I hummed an unknown tune now.

"Aubrey!!!" My dad screamed from downstairs. "You're gonna be late if you don't hurry up."

Oh, trust me dad, I certainly do not need any form of coaching there. I packed the rest of my stuff and took some down. Just as I was going down the stairs, I heard a familiar voice...oh no, please no...noo it was my sister, Joyce. Oh well, she was already here and I was leaving anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love my sister, she's admirable and perfect. But that was the problem. She was just too perfect; it was annoying! She would always try to correct me and make it feel like she was really helping me. No, she wasn't! But she didn't know that.

I left my box and went to hug her. I sniffed her jacket while I was at it. You see, even the perfume was perfect! Arrghhhh! I looked at her face, she looked pretty as usual. That was when I thought to myself that I would really miss her. In fact, not just her. I looked around and observed the faces of the people in front of me, my dad, Joyce, my uncle Jojo (even though he's super frustrating) and my grandma (who, if I may add, is really sweet) and her cookies....ahhhh, so divine! I realized then and there that I was caught up in the whole Juilliard excitement that I had forgotten about the people I would leave behind.

"Are you crying?" my grandma said and came to hug me. OMG, I was crying...I felt the tear drop 😱 Why was I crying? I don't cry for mushy stuff like this! I quickly removed her arms, escaped her embrace and said "no, of course not. A fly...it was a fly. And I ran upstairs to get the rest of my stuff.

We finally got to the school later that evening. I was finally here. Dad had brought me. He began his farewell speech. He was going to let me go to my dorm, stay in a nearby hotel then leave for home early tomorrow morning. "Don't worry, Dad", I cut him off. "I'll be good, I'll eat well and take my meds when sick, I'll also call regularly. Now go, unless I'll be late, check in time ends by 6!" After all his whining and "forced hugging", he finally let me go. Thank God.

************

I was in front of my dorm. I sighed and looked up the, I carried some stuff and was about to go in when I hit a wall or so I thought. I didn't even have the time to process what was going on because the next thing I knew was that I was rolling down the stairs I just climbed ...

"Ouuuuuuchh! What the hell dude!" I don't know how that came out because normally, I don't use curse words, but the fall was just too painful. What? I had to complain! I mean, who was this guy anyways. He obviously needed a pair of glasses if he didn't have one.

"Oh my God, I'm soooo sorry. I didn't see you there", he muttered and started to pick some of my things from the floor. Then, it was like he paused and realized I was still on the floor before he muttered another "oh, sorry" and came to help me up. Now this time, I took my time to examine him. My jaw dropped. Guess why?? This guy was really really cute. You know...the kind of cute where you just stare at them, look deep into their eyes and get mesmerized. Wel, don't blame me. I mean, it's not like I had a choice, the guy was staring at me too, piercing my eyes with his gaze. I think we were like that for like ten seconds tops then, I shifted my arms which I just realized had been in his for the past ten seconds then he said another "sorry" and a "hi". I got up fully well now, took my stuff from his hands and dusted my jeans.

"Well, this is the third time you're apologizing in less than a minute...It's okay, I'm fine." I think that lifted his mood cuz he smiled and brought out his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Adam. It seems you're new here." Obviously...duh! I rolled my eyes and made a sarcastic comment in my mind or so I thought until I noticed his mood changed again because he was no longer smiling as he was about five seconds ago. C'mon, who was the guy! I mean was the word mood swing/change made for you? Gosh!
Then I realized I said my sarcastic comment out loud ...

"Ohhh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say...like you weren't meant to hear...I don't know what to..." I stammered. Of course, I wasn't able to complete any sentence that I started. What should I have said? Luckily, he tried to help me cover my embarrassment and smiled again.

"I'm Aubrey, by the way. Aubrey Parker" I said accepting his handshake.

Oh, Aubrey, now he is just gonna think you're a weirdo, a little voice in my head kept saying. I hit my head literally to shake off the feeling, that was a habit I needed to stop. It was like telling the little voice to keep shut but now, hitting my head in front of him, i realized I just acted weird again before this really cute boy. Aubrey, what the hell is wrong with you?? What! Oh no....another curse word😭😭.

Adam's next words stopped the whole drama going on in my head. "Uhmm, are you okay?" He asked, now looking sort of concerned .

"Uhhh?" I replied, not knowing why I replied that. I mean, why would I reply "uhhhh" ....😟. "Uhhh" wasn't an answer! It wasn't even a word!

"I'm fine, sure, fine I mean...uhmmm. Why wouldn't I be fine?" Of course, I had the tendency to act really weird in front of cute boys. This wasn't the first time. It just had to be me you were to bump into today. The universe really wasn't on my side today.

Well, we said our goodbyes and I went to the room the front desk girl had said was mine; G09. The dorm didn't look that bad. In fact, it wasn't bad at all (i.e in appearance). I can't speak for the facility yet. I wondered what cute Adam was doing here in the girls dorm. He probably came to visit his girlfriend or something.

I sighed and knocked on the door that had G09 on it. A girl wearing a hijab opened it, smiled and said "You must be my new roommate. I'm Aisha Jamal, nice to meet you".

"OHH" was all I said. It was going to be a long year.

************

..............hi hi hi hi!!! First let me apologize for not uploading on time. I had a lot of stuff to do. Okay so you have it chapter three! Thanks for reading again and don't forget to vote and hit the comment box, drop what you think about the book and share your ideas, I'm open to more. The readers mean everything to the writer. Thank you and God bless😆😆