r u ready for chapter thirteen

Whaa ?? An actual on time update ??

- - - -

Kageyama walked anxiously down the sidewalk, gripping the strap to his backpack tightly. Without so much as a glance upward he nearly ran right into Hinata,

"Oh, there you are.. I thought you were waiting for me?" Kageyama said, wiping the surprise from his expression.

"Well I was but Natsu was getting restless waiting." Hinata replied, raising Natsu's hand that he was holding. Natsu smiled up at Kageyama, she was dressed in her new school clothes. She looked down at her pale yellow shirt and smoothed it out, then started to sway side to side, pulling on Hinata's arm. 

"Ah, sorry I was just thinking."

--

After dropping off Natsu to her first day of school, the boys continued their walk to the highschool.

"Natsu didn't even care she was leaving me." Hinata huffed. Kageyama chuckled,

"I don't think she was even thinking about you once she got inside that building. She was way too excited." Hinata frowned but only sighed after. 

"I guess s'okay.."

The light conversation continued all the way to the school gym doors. They stood at the steps, the same steps they stood at when they first became "friends". They both started reminiscence on how much they've grown and where they are now, but only for a moment before they snapped back to reality. 

The sun was just starting to get bright, bringing a warm and welcoming light shining over the boys and everything around them. A meeting was in order for the volleyball team early before school started so the rest of the team, their friends, were waiting for them in there. Kageyama's palms started to feel sweaty, could he really do this? It wasn't like anything he's ever done before. His heart started to pound,

"How do you want to do this?" 

"I-I was hoping you had an idea actually.." Hinata rubbed his pockets, then fit his hands into them awkwardly, looking away from the doors.

"We can't just walk in and say, 'we're gay! How was your break?'" Kageyama stated bluntly. His eyebrows furrowed and Hinata felt a little sting in his heart at Kageyama's tone.

"And why not?"

It's too.. too weird!" Kageyama rolled his head back as he raised his voice a little more. His face felt hot and even began to sweat a little. 'Why am I getting so worked up over this?!'  

"Weird?" Hinata said in almost an offended tone before grabbing Kageyama's hand and pulling him closer to the door. "There's nothing weird about it!"

Kageyama's face flushed a red he didn't know his face could make, he pulled his hand away from Hinata and shoved them into his pockets, then proceeded to avoid eye contact.

"I'm not doing that."

"Why? How else should we tell them, we can't put it off forever."

"we can put it off for a few days though," Kageyama stepped past Hinata and grabbed the handle of the door.

"But we said we'd do it the first day, which is today!" Hinata grabbed Kageyama's upper arm, eyeing him in a hopeful way and smiling slightly. Kageyama let go of the door handle and turned to Hinata, giving him an almost guilty- look, "I can't." 

Hinata frowned and let go of Kageyama's arm, stepping up to the step he was standing on and reached for the handle opening the door slightly before pausing,

"Fine, we'll do it another day." 

He swung the door open and stepped in with a large grin, leaving Kageyama at the entrance. Kageyama felt his blood boil a little, but as he stepped in the regret hit him. He watched Hinata reunite with the other members and jump around, talking about their summers, "How long can I put this off.." He set his bag down on the bench and sat down, "I guess we'll see."

- - - -

Tobio why :((

Thanks for reading!!