{4} New Introductions

After Conor had the discussion with Jack about his new 'girlfriend', which was me, he texted me the conversation. How Jack was pissed that Conor hadn't told him about this before, with his brother simply stating that Jack never told him why there was always a random girl in his bed, and the blonde replying with 'fair enough'. I chuckled at this, but my stomach twisted at the thought of having to see him later.

I put my white air maxes on with my khaki bomber jacket before leaving my flat. I took the bus down to the café Conor and I talked in the day before and met him standing outside, checking his phone. He pulled me into a short hug after glancing up at me, grabbing my hand. I suppose if we were going to fake a relationship, we might as well get comfortable.

We drove down to Jack's apartment, which really wasn't more than ten minutes. However, the time stretched, feeling like an hour. I chewed at the skin of my fingers, anxiety washing over me like the waves to the shore on Brighton beach. It wasn't long until the singer pulled up to the building. And I was pretty terrified.

I stood in silence outside, the two brothers laughing about something completely random, as usual, before Conor called me in. Jack's beautiful smile faded at the sight of me, as I combed my hair to the side with my fingers.
'You're fucking joking...' I could hear him mumble under his breath. Phase one, complete. Make him shocked.
'I'm sure you two know each other' Conor spoke confidently, clearly seeing his brother's rage.
I swear I could see Jack's fist clench tightly as his eyes shot daggers at Conor, then turning to me and having a look of disbelief.

He was still cute though.

'Hey Jack', I almost cooed, 'Why did you think I was so awkward around you last night?'

I heard him mutter something along the lines of 'little bitch' but I wasn't 100% sure. My heart shattered a little, however my brain thankfully reminded me of everything that he's done to me, forcing my lips to curve into a smile.

Pretty face deserves way more pain than this.

'I don't understand', he finally said something that wasn't a mumble, 'I saw you yesterday, why weren't you two together or something? And I told you Conor that I saw her, you could've said that she's your girlfriend!'

'Woah, hold on. She went clubbing with her friend, who forced her out last minute so she didn't have time to tell me. I had no idea that we were even in the same club, because I hadn't seen her. Besides, I was planning to tell you about our relationship sometime this week anyway', the brunette answered. Nice one, Conor.

'Can you excuse us for a moment?' Jack turned to me, obviously trying to contain his jealousy.

I politely nodded and walked out into another room, but that didn't stop me from hearing the shouting from the argument.

'How dare you Conor!' I heard Jack shout, 'You know about our past! To think that you could go so low to date my ex is bullshit!'

'What! Why the fuck are you angry at me? I've finally moved on from Victoria. And it's not like you treated her nicely anyway', the older one retaliated.

I half wanted to laugh, half wanted to go out and stop their arguing. I decided on staying in my same space and continued to listen to the angry shouts of the two.

'Any other ex of mine would have been fine, but you choose her?' He practically screamed, 'You know that I still love her'.

...

'You know that I still love her'.

...

Jack kicked Conor and I out, definitely for the better considering he once dented a wall due to his rage at his brother. Besides, I didn't want to have to drive Conor to the hospital right now. We spoke no words until entering the car, allowing only silence to fill our ears. And of course, the irrelevant sound of cars speeding down the street.

'Well that went well' Conor chuckled, breaking the silence. I laughed at this whilst doing my seat belt and shook my head.

'Yep definitely' I responded, continuing the sarcasm.

'I didn't expect him to say that he still loves you. You heard that, right?'

I nodded, seeing him glance at the action before quickly returning his focus to the road.
'But I'm sure you don't love him. Love is a two way street, you know?' He paused for a second, his expression showing thought. 'Hey! That's a good song lyric!'

I laughed and agreed with the twenty-four year old, us beginning normal conversations.

...

Hours later I arrived home, after chilling with Conor. We decided to keep up the whole dating act for a little while longer, just to really annoy Jack. I lay my head on my pillow, flicking through channels on the TV in front of me. I randomly chose a show I liked, and began to watch it.

However, as much as I liked the show, I payed no attention. My brain just wouldn't let go of the words the twenty two year old had exclaimed.

'You know that I still love her'.

...