{8} Drunken Mistake

My eyes fluttered open to an unfamiliar ceiling and the feeling of someone in the bed next to me. It was then that I noticed that I was naked and in someone else's bed. The scent of sex lingered in the air, only making me begin to panic even more.

Nonononono I never have one night stands! What happened last night?

It only got worse. I rolled over to my side to see a sleeping Jack, thankfully having his lower half covered by the bedding. I wanted to cry but my head was already pounding from the hangover I had. I felt both physically and mentally sick and as much as I wanted to just not move a single muscle in fear that I might throw up, I couldn't stay here. Not with him, never with him. Just being in his presence was bad enough.

Luckily, I found a used condom on the floor, thankful that there isn't a risk that I'm pregnant. I spotted my clothes scattered around the room and found the bathroom. I put them on- as disgusting as it was- and emptied my stomach for a bit. In a cabinet, I found some pain killers and took them with a handful of tap water. I proceeded to inhale and exhale air in attempt to calm myself down. Why did I decide to drink last night?

Straightening out my skirt, I decided to make my way out of his apartment. However, as I put my hand on the door nob, I heard my name being called. Too late. I span around in defeat to see Jack only in his boxers at this point, which made me blush, and a confused expression painted on his face. 'What are you doing here?' He asked, before I could practically see the memories from last night flash in his eyes. It was then that he began to panic and apologise profusely.
'Oh my gosh oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I was drunk I didn't mean to do anything to you. It was an accident I swear!'

I shook my head. 'Jack, I wouldn't have come home with you if I wasn't also drunk. It was my mistake just as much as it was yours'.

He sighed, muttering another apology.

Sex was a big factor of why we broke up. Not the main reason, of course, but definitely one of the things that lead to it.

'But I feel terrible! Do you realise you've cheated on Conor?'

I froze. Of course, Conor and I weren't actually dating so I don't know if you could count it as that, but to Jack who had no idea that it was just a revenge prank for him, it makes it seem as if he broke a prize possession or something. Even though he didn't care about what he did to me. Ironic, isn't it?

I walked up to him and placed my hand on his shoulder, forcing him to meet my eyes. 'Listen, this whole thing stays between us, okay?'

I felt awful for lying but I know that I would feel even worse if Conor found out that I slept with the one I was supposed to be getting jealous. Jack nodded his head slowly. The brothers usually tell each other everything but hopefully this would be an exception.

I decided to stop the awkwardness and leave. But right before I did, I walked over to him and kissed him on the cheek.

...

What has gotten into me?