{16} Conor

I, of course, didn't believe that Conor loves me. Why on earth would he like me in the first place when we're more like family? Of course, I'm not completely salty so I appreciate anyone who likes me, even if they look like the girl from Grenade, but if Conor actually liked me more than friends, I would have to decline because I have my heart set on Jack .

Joe was on the phone to the singer right now, the others had left. Joe wasn't very good with people when they're absolutely distraught, but I was extremely thankful for the effort he was putting in.

...

It wasn't long until the rather short brunette and brother of my love barged in, exclaiming an extravagant 'HELLO' to both Joe and I, as if he had no idea what he had done.
Joe got up and did one of those high-five-into-a-hug things that guys enjoy doing. I, however, remained sat in my seat, arms crossed and doing my best to look angry at him.
'So Mr Maynard' spoke the Sugg, gesturing towards me, 'Why accuse her of doing drugs?'.

In true Maynard nature, Conor tried to joke around. 'Accuse her of doing drugs, WELL I NEVER!', he shouted in a posh accent, but I could clearly sense his anxiety lingering in those blue eyes of his.

I arose from my seat on the sofa. 'You told Jack that you found a bag of weed left in your  apartment. Turns out it wasn't even weed, it was oregano that Oli gave you'. I said confidently.

'Oregano, oh my bad', he chuckled nervously, a deep shade of crimson spreading across his cheeks.

'Why the actual fuck do you wanna break things of with Jack and I. I know he can be a dick, you know he can be a dick, WE ALL KNOW HE CAN BE A DICK. But listen up Conor Paul Maynard, I'm fucking in love with that boy. He's changed. And it looks like to me you're trying to separate us'.

I watched as Joe awkwardly left the room, excusing himself and claiming he needed to go and edit a vlog. I sighed heavily.

'Okay listen up', said a now flustered Conor, scratching his neck before exhaling a shaky breath. 'Yes, I was trying to separate you all of this time. I heard Jack mention that he met you again and I know that he's still in love with you, so I found you and decided to make us fake date to act as a boundary, then the truth came out and I still wanted to have you two apart, I'm so so sorry'.

'But why would you want to separate us so badly? You should be happy for your brother!'

The sound of silence filled the room, buzzing in and out of my ears before he sighed.

'Because I love you. Always have ever since I first met you, for God's sake! I know I should be happy for Jack but I really can't help it, I just want you to myself!'.

I stood in shock. Joe was right. Conor has loved me this whole time, it made sense why he always made us act like a couple. Once the initial shock was over, I grew red with anger. 'WHY WOULD YOU BE SO SELFISH? IF JACK LOVED FUCKING VICTORIA AND TRIED TO SEPARATE YOU TWO WHILST YOU WERE DATING, YOU WOULD TRY TO BREAK HIS NECK'.

'JACK DOSEN'T DESERVE YOU! DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT HE DID? HE CHEATED ON YOU SEVERAL TIMES AND WHEN YOU BROKE UP HE CLAIMED THAT HE ONLY USED YOU FOR SEX! MY RELATIONSHIP WITH VICTORIA WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, I TOOK CARE OF HER, AND I CANT HELP BUT THINK OF HER WHEN I SEE YOU'.

I could see tears forming in the singers eyes, in fact, tears were forming in mine, too. When he said that he was finally over Victoria, I was stupid enough to not think much of it. That's obviously a lie, most songs since their breakup are all about him missing her. I pulled him into a warm embrace, him being taller so his chin rested on the top of my head. He only loved me because I reminded him of her, just like I only hated Jack because he was extremely immature at the time.

'I-I'm so s-sorry, once again' his voiced wavered due to the tears when he pulled away. 'I really need to sort my emotions out, damn. Jack's mental state was far too young back then, I've never admitted to it, but you're right, he's changed'.

He sloppily wiped his hands under his eyes, getting rid of the leaking tears that only made his eyes more prominent. 'Hey, you do write songs don't you? You can channel this whole situation through it!'

He laughed a little. 'That's actually not a bad idea, thank you so much. You have helped me through a lot you know, whether you realise it or not'.

I smiled, slightly tasting a salty tear as it rolled down my cheek. 'You have helped me too, you know. Breakups are hard for everyone, and I'm now realising that 'if you love someone, let them go' has a much deeper meaning than I thought'.

He pulled me into a hug one last time, as Joe came down the stairs. 'Jesus Christ you were loud!' He jokes, covering his ears with his hands in a playful manor. Conor and I both giggled at this, his arms around me not as if he was claiming me as his, but as a symbol of comfort.

'Well, I should be on my way', I said, my scarlet, tear stained cheeks now returning to their normal state. 'Thank you so much for the help Joe'. I turned to Conor. 'And thank you Con. Thanks for absolutely everything'.

He smiled, brushing a strand of my hair out of my face and placing it behind my ear. 'You're very welcome, sweetie. Now, go get Jack back!'