{12} Overheard

I was pacing around my home frantically. His adorableness after being splashed with water was now glued in my head. I couldn't stop thinking about him since we met again, but now its worse than ever. Now, its not his looks that are just drawing me in, its him. The way he is, how he could just instantly make me smile. I felt a longing for him, but it was a longing that I wish wasn't craving so badly.

I had a good time yesterday, no, an amazing time yesterday. And although I told myself I was only going for the roller coasters, I knew that I was actually wanting to see him. But I kept denying my feelings. I sighed, brushing through my hair. If he makes me feel like this one more time, then I'm officially still in love with him.

...

Another day, another day with Conor...and Jack who was scrolling through his Twitter out of boredom. 'Can I use the toilet?' I asked  Conor who nodded in response.

I wasn't really going to the toilet. My plan was to listen in on the conversation the brothers would have whilst I'm gone for a short period of time.
'She left her phone on the table' said Jack, shuffling about.
'Cool. Do you know her passcode?' Conor replied.
'No. Why the fuck would I know her passcode?'
'I don't know. I wanna see if there is any nudes on there'.
I heard Jack scowl then laugh. 'You know what, I'm gonna shout for her and tell her that you tried to hack into her phone'.
'What do you mean shout for her?' Conor questioned.
'Huh?'
'Nobody knows her name!'
'What on earth are you talking about? I know her name! It's-'

I cut Jack off by extravagantly shouting 'HELLOOOOOOO!' hearing them both burst out laughing. I grabbed my phone from the table, double checking that they didn't try to get in. Not quite the conversation I had hoped for but it made me laugh so good enough I guess.

...

'Conor', I asked when Jack went to piss, 'Why do you always act like an overprotective parent?'

He muttered under his breath something that, once again, I couldn't quite understand. 'Because' he finally began, 'I'm getting old and I already feel like a farther'.

I, of course, laughed but I knew something was up.

I decided to leave it at that. I didn't want to push him. I wanted to know what was going on with him lately, but the last thing I wanted to do was to make him upset, especially after everything he's done for me.

Jack came back into the room before Conor, who's face was now red, now went to use the bathroom. 'You okay?' Jack asked. I felt my heart flutter out of my chest. I shouldn't be like this, he only asked a simple question.

I nodded, he then sighed. 'I'm sorry', he stated.
'For what?' I raised my eyebrow at the blonde.
After I asked that, we sat in silence for a few minutes, Jack trying to find his words.

'I still feel awful for making you cheat on my brother'.

As soon as those simple words left his lips, Conor came in and started shouting at Jack, claiming that he heard what was said.

But my mind was elsewhere. I was too occupied thinking of the fact that I had just realised that I'm still in love with Jack.