Five Years Ago.

/Claude's pov./

I was in Chloe's room waiting for her to wake I already took care of Alois he already had breakfast and now is in his study so I have some time. I was in her chair when I hear a groan I look over to see her stirring and pulling the covers over her I smirk at this and stand moving to the bed. I shake her slightly. "Wake up Sabrina." I say she moves around a bit I shake her again but she grabs my arm and slowly pulls in me I sigh as she pulls me into the bed. She's in such a weak human like state right now. Once she got me laying next to her She curled up to me. I sigh. I didn't want to have to do this... I reatch over and start poking her stomach when I find a certain spot she giggles slightly and wiggles I start tickling that spot making her laugh and wake up all the way. "C-Claude S-stop!" She begs I stop and sit on the bed. "Why would you do that?" She asks sitting up back to her emotionless self. "I needed you to wake but you pulled me down so I remembered you had a soft spot and abused it." I explain. "I'm not soft...." She says looking away. "Here." I say handing her her glasses. "Thanks." She says taking them. "Now care to explain what happened after I left?" I ask she sighs and puts on her glasses. "I knew you would ask soon." She says. "It's just not my favorite subject." She adds. "Please explain." I say she looks away. "Fine... it all started a little over five years ago.... a week before my 18th birthday..." (btw when she says 18 that means her human form was that age and her demon age was 180 but she's counting in human years.... I hope that made sense.)

/Chloe's pov./
/flashback/

"But that's not right... it can't be." I say. "Discussion is over Chloe you are betrothed to Nicolas Hayden. He is to be your mate end of story." My mother says I look down. "But I.... don't want to." I say she looks at me. "It does not matter. It is done. It is normal for the youngest of the families to start the next generation and that happened to be you and Nicolas." She says. "But why the Haydens?" I ask. "Becuase that's who we chose and they chose you." She says. "But h-" I get cut off by a knock at the door. My mother opens it. "Ah yes Nicolas come in." She says. "Thank you Mrs. Faustus." He says he looks at me as my mother leaves the room. "Well hi there foureyes how are you today?" He asks I look at him. "Terrible actually." I say. "That's good." He says. "It would be better of a day if you weren't here." I say he slaps me making my head go to the side. I feel the sting from it I mean he is a demon. "Show some respect! Be nice to your mate." He says I fix my glasses and look to him. "Your not my 'mate' and never will be." I say. "Well, our parents think differently." He says I look away. My mother comes back in with a box she walks up to Nicolas and hands it to him and motions for him to open it. He opens it to find a mating ring. Its like a wedding ring but.... for demons. Its the normal black gold and a blood red he smirks and looks at my mother she nods. He takes out the ring and slips it on my finger. "There you two are now betrothed and are to be mated (married) after Chloe's 180th bithday." She says he nods at her she walks out. "Well I have to go. Bye foureyes!" He says laughing and walkimg out the door I take off my glasses and look down at my ring. For the first time in forever. I felt a single tear run down my cheek.

/after the 'mating'/

I stand there I feel useless. I'm nothing to anyone and now.... I'm mated to.... him. I sigh and look away. "What's wrong foureyes?" He asks I look at him. "You." I say he laughs slightly. "Sure." He says. "Listen it's how it is. You got me and I'm stuck with a emotionless, foureyed zombie." He says I look at my ring and play with it a bit. "Yea, stuck. That's the right word." I say. "You should be nicer to your mate." He says putting his hands on my waist I push him away. "Leave me alone Nick." I say he shakes his head. "I have a contract I have to attend to. When I get back you know what happens." He says I look away. I know exactly what he means... it's why we had to be mated in the first place now that we are mates we have to bring the next generation of Haydens. "Yes..." I answer he pats my head. "Good girl. Can't wait to get back." He says walking to the door. "Goodbye for now.... Mrs. Hayden."

/flashback over/

"So after that I lived with our parents until they died. They never let me leave him but if they are not here they can't force us to be mated. But the stress that I have... is when he gets back... he'll come for me." I finish he looks at me. "So you are mated?" He asks. "Yes." I answer. "And your mated to.... Nicolas Hayden?" He asks. "Yes." I answer. "And he's coming for you?" He asks and I answer honestly. "...yes."

A/n.

Hiya Gamers! I hope you liked this chapter! And I own Nicolas Hayden he is not a Black Butler character just letting ya know. So comment whatcha think of the book! Till next time...

~TheMagicGamer~