-01- The Warehouse

Authors Note:

I'm from Australia so some things might be different and Feel free to point out mistakes as this is my first book :)

"Okay Autumn, there's two outside the door and I can't seem to find the rest," my identical twin brother, Cain, whispers to me while he forms hand signals towards two girls in the opposite side of the tree-lines, Wren and Penelope our two trusted friends. They glance our way as they perch on trees on the other side of the clearing, both giving a slight nod. The night covering anything the clothing failed to do.

One way to recognise the Rose Assassins were for their full black clothing and unique deadly weapons. Our masks consisted of covering our faces with only our eyes poking out, our sleeves were long-sleeved with a unique type of material able to withstand both terrestrial and aquatic biomes. Our pants were like leggings, but were a little more baggy and flexible, our ankles peeking through, dividing the shoes and leggings.

Unlike clothing, us four teenagers had our individual weapons, which we either had slanged to our sides or were ready to fire. Like routine, we waited a little longer to assassinate the disgusting people inside the old abandoned building, it looked like it was ready to fall any second, the iron bars were rusted and were glowing under the exposed light of the windows. Our latest mission was to kill the leader and anyone associated with the organisation and free the girls and boys.

The police were alerted multiple times, us posing as annoynomus individuals, yet they still had not helped nor given time up to fully consider the situation. It was only later that our boss had informed us that the sherrif, whose wife had left him for his brother because of his intense drinking problem, had a daughter he sold in one of these warehouses. Afraid of getting caught, he must've ignored our pleas to save these kids and just carried on with life.

Beside me Cain was waving a hand in front of my face, with a sigh I respond with a mock salute, "Duley noted sir, how do you want to start things off?"

"Well... With a bang I guess" Cain comments sarcastically and rolls his eyes all while pulling out his Mosin-Nagat sniper rifle; his favourite in his collection.

All of us have our own individual, preferred weapons. Wren and Pen had a speciality with agility and speed thus resulting in them being melee fighters, they were unlike Cain and I, who had a good eye and never missed a shot, we liked to stay together in missions, fighting and staying in the background while not drawing attention to our selves, a common trait we had and showed in our daily lives, guess it runs in the genes.

As Cain studies the situation further and aims, I motion towards the other two and wait for their approval. Everything was set and now it was my turn to do my job before we all jump in for the kill. I simply hack into their database using their wifi, idiots forgot a flipping password and play around with their security cameras but stop when Cain nudges me on the shoulder.

Right then I was glad to catch the two guards subtly looking around. An idiot would just shrug it off but I was no idiot, this orginization probably had pretty good technology given how much money they have. So I get to work again, this time more alert and careful, then making it look like it was just a glitch and not someone trying to toy with their system.
After I have made sure the cameras were set, I once again signal across to the two and explain to Cain what I have just done.

We were ready.

I draw a red tipped arrow out of my brown sachet, which holds an array of multicoloured arrows all with different purposes, before placing it in my sleek black bow.