-05- Forget Me Not

I watch the fish swim away frantically, their tails gliding smoothly through the current. I must save most of my energy just in case the wolves I have just escaped from realize my plan, hence my slow pace.

It has only been 2 minutes and my brain can't handle the boring situation I am in right now; so, I hum my latest favourite song, 'Good Girl' by Aquilo. It will probably change by the end of the week, judging from my previous experiences and that's not just in music choice.

By the time I finish the song in my head, I catch a glimpse of my watch, now showcasing three dots with different symbols on each of them; Wren has a pink lion head, Pen has a yellow elephant that stands proudly on its rear legs, Cain has a purple owl while it balanced on a purple branch and I have the outline of an aqua axolotl head, which was now moving towards the three still badges.

When you first start at the organisation the boss asks you a variety of questions, the first being, 'what is the first animal that pops in your head?'. At this point in time, we still do not know why he had asked us that question.

He had watched us train from the ages of 6 and rated us. Those of us that were not up for the experience, drank a blue serum that we all later knew as the 'Quaker Comet'. The QC was a serum that tasted nice but resulted in something dangerous. It made you forget everything. You basically had to restart your whole life.

We never heard from the 'taken children' ever again nor had boss really talked about them. All we knew was that; if you were to ever betray the organization, you would never win and you would never remember.

He got us the animals we had answered him with at the start of everything as a graduation gift for our 15th birthdays, and we had looked after them as if they were our own-of course they did have babysitters for when we were away. The animals had been our children and our hope because they were spiritually connected to us. A soul connection-we die they die with us.

Looking up I see the others, they were waiting up in the trees close to the riverbank with their weapons drawn.

We all knew how wolves work, they mostly rely on using their noses to track down scents. But a scent disappears once the object or subject, in this case, is soaked in mud and mostly water or has been gone for a long amount of time. And because I was a mate of an alpha with abnormal senses, I have to stay in the water for I fear he will be able to smell me.

Craning my head, I look them all directly in the eye and say, "I'm sorry. If I was to know..."

"Well it isn't really your fault, you can't help fate but why did you run? I get about the whole organisation thing but he can learn to suck up his ass"

I just stare at Wren, the answer unknown and I will myself not to cry. My life was stupid; my parents, my love life... my depression and ADD was too much. I needed a blade, the growing pain and darkness just gets bigger and bigger.

"Suck up his ass? The fuck does that mean? I think you mean, 'he can learn to suck it up'?" They were trying to lighten the mood, it wasn't working and they know that, "no I mean what I said and I said what I mean." Cain just rolls his eyes. With all our eyes rolling on a regular occasion, I'm surprised they weren't stuck.

"On a serious note, we need to do something about this. So, I'm gonna call boss and see if he can pick us up here. You all stay tight, okay?"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

As soon as I got to the immortal realm, I locked myself inside the bathroom, passing all the siblings gathered around the grand table. Now, I stand in front of the mirror looking straight into my lifeless eyes, the sound of the shower diverting anyone within the hearing range.