-08- It's A New Dawn

As much as I would love to stay in the comfort of my room in a different realm, away from Tyson. I couldnt. I had to get back to the over-world and fulfil my duties.

So here I am, in the safety of my house watching the fourth season of American Horror Story, freak show, my favourite. Boss had called up the school previously to inform them the reason of my absence; making up that a close relative had died and I was to give a eulogy, and I would not go back until I was up for it. Using the sympathy card is a low blow on my part but it was partially the truth. Fortunately, the other three were not questioned on why they were present and Im not.

I lost a part of me that day just like how I would feel if a close relative died, so it wasnt really a lie. The only positive outcome that I have progressed on was less cuts on my body. After Tyson said all those words, I couldnt really look at another blade the same. Of course, like any addiction, I continued it, just not as much. My stomach disrupts me on my thoughts and the current scene, the one when Ethel gets shot by... bang. Damn these birds need to know that there are windows here.

Halfway through my sandwich and the next season, I hear a ping from my laptop, indicating a message. The others have a lead. "Hiya Autumn speaking,"

"Did you get my message?"

"Ye-"

"Okay, I need you to gather as much information as you can. Have you done it?"

"Brother, I need a name,"

"Dont you use that tone.... Act more happy,"

"Brother, a name." My hard tone says it all. I dont want any bullshit. "Fine. His names Hunter Finley. I dont know Autumn. Everyone loves him but I saw something today, I'll tell you when I get home, kay? Anyway, lets sway from the subject. Are you okay A? Has he found your scent? The necklace and herbs should keep him off, especially because he re... well you know."

There he is, my brother. Not my tough, quiet brother but my caring, protective brother; the one only I see. "Yeah, Cain. I went to Arkland earlier. Because he rejected me, the scent is almost impossible to trace, the marks the only thing there. Even that I can feel deteriorating. And if I'm okay? I just why her? You know? Is it her beauty? Because she defiantly does not have the brains," Camilla's beauty was flawless. She had the perfect bone structure, the perfect body and perfect everything on the the outside anyway.

"A, you know youre perfect in your own way. You dont need him and Camila is a different story. She needs to own a fucking what was that? I heard a fucking bang. Autumn get out of the fucking hou-"

"Sorry your call has been disconnected. To call..." looking at the top right of my phone, I see no bars. Finding no use of the phone right now, I hang up and turn it off. I dont listen to Cains panicked requests. But instead follow my own gut to check what is up there. Yes it may be a suicide mission but I had nothing to live for.

Bang. Crash. Whoever is up there is horrible at being subtle. Running to the side of the coach, making my steps as light as a feather, I grab my bow and sling on my quiver, my mask firmly sits on my face.

The banging is more persistent now, as if they wanted me to enter. Creeping up the stairs, avoiding all the spots that needed to be avoided. I halt. This is the door. My door. The room that's supposed to have no existence but my own has erratic banging, almost like my heart at that moment.

Twisting the door knob never frightens me more in that moment. Who was on the other side? The banging continues on, even when I swing the door apart with my weapon drawn. Even when I charge in. Even when I find nothing there.