-04- The Arrival

Authors note: Kingstown is not a real place but the rest of the places mentioned are.

If Perth was amazing, then I don't know what Far north Queensland is...

After renting a car, we had travelled to Kingstown Queensland and boy was it hot. We had stopped the 2-hour road trip twice because of low fuel and much-needed toilet breaks. Now we find ourselves sitting inside the car looking past the window to see our new home.

The house in front of us looked only to be a one-story building that looked natural and boring, but we knew its secrets. We were told by the boss that there were two special features: 5 escapes routes and two basements; both with sound insulation. One of the basements were for the captured, the lining of supernatural essence coats the walls making it impossible to use any form of supernatural power and the other was our own weapon and training room

Getting out of the Toyota Camry RZ, I-and the others-already sense the wolves watching our moves, they had probably heard of us as soon as we entered the town. We act like the personas we were told to back at base. "Oh finally, I thought I would die of boredom!"

"I freaking agree with Autumn, given someone didn't even let me choose any of the music,"

"Well, it isn't my fault that we didn't want to listen to Ed Sheeran the whole two hours Pen. Like, I love you and all but you abuse that replay button."

"Yeah... well, Cain, two hours of bloody Melanie Martinez and other sappy crap weren't my cups of tea either." We all mock glare at each other, chests heaving. Until we burst out in laughter. Sometimes I love my job.

We had decided to keep our own names, making it easier but changed our last names for obvious reasons. We had always used our real names, taking up the advice of reverse psychology. I just hope that the rat isn't that smart.

"Umm... guys, we... should umm... unpack."

We deserve Grammy's for this acting.

We all nod and take our own bags. I step back to let Wren go first and see her pretend to struggle, looking beside me to Pen, I motion her to do the same.

^^^^

After dinner, at approximately 11:00, the four of us circle the wooden table in the training room. The table was supporting our plans and tactics. "Okay, we're just going to scout and not attack. Are we clear?" With the roll of our eyes, talk about in-sync, we nod in response. "If they spot us, you know the memo, run-,"

"Yes brother, we bloody got it the first five times you've said it,"

"Yes Autumn, but none of us is as forgetful as you."

Ignoring him I sling my quiver across my back, I double-check my arrows again; although I will never admit it, Cain was right, I was the most forgetful one in our foursome given my ADD, I never paid attention.

"Ok, ya'll ready?" Looking up at the source, I see Wren with her two pocket knives and Pen putting on her mask. They both sound and look the same and honestly if I had just met them I would've thought they were twins but the closest age gap they had with each other was a year, making Wren the eldest at 19 and the rest of us at 18.

The shine of the full moon welcomes us as we step out. We had already located the pack house beforehand via drone but could not identify any oversized wolves scouting our house; they must've thought we weren't a threat... wrong move.

"Ok start climbing," Cain whispers as we reach the tree-line.

We're just outside the boarder, their territory, and already I spot 10 wolves on this side. They were the type of wolves that would put the Grimm brother stories to shame. The type of wolves that made you want to sharpen your knives and hunt them because they looked like hellhounds' smarter cousins.