Chapter 7

"Mia's here." I tell Isaiah and Cameron as I get off Isaiah's lap. "I'll be right back." I kiss Isaiah on the cheek, then run up the stairs.

Since none of us had anything to do today and it's raining we've decided to have a movie day.

"Did you bring popcorn?" I ask as I open the door.

"Oh, I'm fine thanks for asking." She replies sarcastically walking toward the kitchen.

"That's good but, did you remember the popcorn I asked for?"

She pulls out a few packages of microwave popcorn and puts them on the table. "You're welcome."

"Thank you! You're the best!"

"I know."

"I'm gonna go see what the boys want I'll be right back." I say and walk towards the basement.

When I get to the stairs, I hear the boys talking in hushed tones. Curious I walk down the stairs as quietly as possible and stop when I reach the last stair so that they don't see me.

"Okay," I hear Isaiah say. "So no talking to Mia like she's one of your dad's business partners, it's weird, and remember to loosen up. You're always too stiff."

It's true. Cameron is always stern and business like around Mia. Mia's said before it freaks her out.

"This is stupid."

"No Cameron, what's stupid is you're twenty-one and can't talk to a girl. That's stupid and pathetic. You know what's even more pathetic? This whole 'I love her but-.'"

My squeal, which is followed by a deafening silence, cuts Isaiah off.

I finish walking down the stairs and walk over to the two of them. Isaiah is biting lips to keep from smiling and Cameron's face red. I have never seen him embarrassed before.

"Okay, yes I was eavesdropping," I admit. "But, I can help."

"Meghan, baby, one- eavesdropping is rude and two- I've been saying that since the beginning." Isaiah smirks at Cameron.

"No."

"Awe!" I whine. "Come on Cameron! I could help."

"Answer's still no Meghan."

"But-" The sharp look he gives me shuts me up.

"Fine." I mumble. "I guess you don't want to know what she's said about you." I look down at my hands and pick at the purple nail polish on my middle finger. Isaiah chuckles under his breath.

"Fine."

I smirk at him. "That's what I thought. Like Isaiah told you, drop the business attitude. It freaks her out, makes her feel like you're going to sue her if she sneezes. At least that's what she said a few weeks ago."

Both boys look at me confused. "Why was she talking about me?" Cameron asks.

"Because I occasionally ask her what she thinks about you since I think you guys would be the cutest couple. Well, second cutest." I correct myself and wink at Isaiah.

He pulls me into a hug. "That's better."

Cameron opens his mouth to say something.

"Meg, did they want anything?" Mia shouts down the stairs. Oops. I forgot she was upstairs.

"No." I shout back. "They said they're good for now."

I turn to Cameron. "Just act the way you do when it's just Isaiah and I. Trust me."