Chapter 15

"Okay, get up." The blanket on my head is yanked away and I groan. The aftermath of crying for twenty-four hours is worse than any hangover I've ever had. "I let you lay in bed crying all day yesterday. Now, get up." Mia pulls the window curtain to the side and sun shines through my eyelids. "Nooo." I whine at her and pull a pillow over my face. Yesterday, I spent the whole day crying and hoping Isaiah would call, text, anything. But he didn't. "Yes," She climbs onto my bed and starts poking me on the cheek. "Meghan," She whispers seriously and I open one eye to squint at her. She's wearing a somber look. "It's not good for the baby." I sit up and rub the exhaustion out of my eyes. I know she's right.

"Why do you always have to be right?" I mumble.

"Because I'm me. To the showers, you stink." She tells me getting off the bed.

"Alright, alright."

After getting out of the shower I feel refreshed, like I've washed the depression away. Mia's right, this pit of sadness I've fallen into isn't good for the baby. I need to put all my energy and focus on being the best parent for my child. I've deleted Isaiah's contact off my phone, I don't need him.

I walk into the kitchen and Mia hands me a plate of scrambled eggs. "Protein. Eat."

"Thanks."

When I'm halfway through eating the eggs Xander walks into the kitchen with Zoey trailing behind him.

He hands me a few pieces of paper.

"Zoey and I colored you pictures since you weren't feeling good."

Zander's picture is of the five of us and Zoey's is of what I think are flowers.

"These are great you two. Thank you."

Zander seems to think for a minute before tilting his head to the side slightly. "Do you have a sore throat or the pukes?"

Mia snorts. "Uh.. Neither." I tell him. "I'm having a baby so I was just really tired."

I watch as a grin spreads across Zander's face. "Cool! Is it a boy or a girl?"

I can't help but chuckle. "I don't know yet. It's too early to tell."

"I hope it's a boy. He and Ryder can be best friends and they can do whatever I tell them to. Hey, can I help you pick out a name for it? You could name it after me. Even if it's a girl, you could just namer her Alexandra, since that's like the girl way of saying my name."

I laugh at his enthusiasm. It warms my heart to see him so excited. "As pretty as the name Alexandra is, and as handsome as the name Alexander is, I already have the names picked out."

"What should we name our kids?" Isaiah suddenly asks me. It's midnight and we're laying on a blanket in the park watching the stars.

I turn my head to the right and look at him. "We're having kids?"

"Well, obviously not now but, eventually. I'm thinking right after college. " He turns his head to look at me and a serious look crosses his face. "I told you, I love you. I want a future with you. The kids, the dog, picket fence. This," He pulls at the locket that was tucked in my shirt. "Was my way of promising all that to you."

Unable to actually verbally respond I claim his lips with mine. They move in a sweet, slow rhythm. His arms wrap around my waist and he starts to pull me onto him when I pull away. He groans, his eyes closed.

"Leah." I tell him.

"Who the fûck is Leah?" He quickly sits up and starts looking around us.

Bursting into a fit of giggles and pull him down. "Our future daughter. I want her named after Mia. Amelia- Leah."

"Leah." He whispers. "Leah, do your homework." I laugh as he tests the way the name sounds. "Leah, you're grounded." His voice is stern. "Daddy loves you, Leah." This time his voice is soft and comforting. There's a small smile on his face. "It's a gorgeous name. And Grace for the middle name, after you."

I grin at him. "What about a boy name?"

"James as the middle name, after Cameron, and the first name needs to start with a C so we can call him Cj."

I think for a minute. "Carter?"

"Carter James Hunt and Leah Grace Hunt. Those names are perfect for our future children."

"Should we pick out our future dog's name too?" I jokingly ask him.

"Sam." He says instantly, no humor in his features.

I quirk an eyebrow at him. "What? I've always wanted to have a dog named Sam."

"What are the names?" Xander's voice shatters the memory.

"Carter if it's a boy, and Leah if it's a girl."

"I guess those are cool names." He mumbles, then walks over to Mia and tells her he's hungry. Typical boy.

I faintly hear my phone ring and I quickly go to my room. It's an unknown number so I answer it with a curious 'hello'.

"Hey," I feel my eyes widen. Why is he calling? Is he calling to confirm what I already know, that he doesn't want to be involved? To tell me not to contact him? Oh god, what if he's calling to tell me to get rid of the baby.

I'm overthinking then suddenly I'm not thinking at all. "It's not yours."

"What?"

"The baby." I clarify. "It's not yours." I'm giving him an out, a guilt-free one.

He sighs a deep sigh of relief. "You're sure? Like, absolutely positive? Because I don't think we used any-"

"I'm positive." I interrupt. His need for confirmation has crushed my already broken heart to dust.

There's shuffling on his side of the line, then silence. "And there's no possibility?"

"I was pregnant before that night." I lie.

He breathes out a breath that screams relief and then clears his throat. "Okay."

"Okay." I repeat. The fight is completely drained from my body.

"Good-bye." He hangs up before I can respond.

"Bye."

***

What just happened?!?

Vote! Share! Comment!

🖤
(10-7-17)