Chapter 32

"Where you going?"  Mia asks as I battle to get on a pair of boots.

"I promised Isaiah we'd talk tonight."

"Talk talk?" She asks.

"He needs to know right?"

"Thats what I've been saying for months Meghan." She says sarcastically and I roll my eyes.  "Keep rolling you eyes, you'll see that brain of yours back there."

"Goodbye Mia."

"Hey, make it quick or stay there, it's gonna snow tonight."

Giving her a small salute, I head out of the apartment.

It's been five minutes since a knocked of Isaiah's door and he hasn't answered.

His truck's here so he must be here.

"Isaiah?" I open the unlocked door.  "Isaiah, you here?"

Following rustling, I walk towards his room.

"Isaiah?" I push open the door to her room. He's sitting on his floor with his head down and his back against the end of the bed.

The floor creaks as I walk towards him and he looks up.

"Meghan!" He shouts. "You're here."

My eyebrows furrow at the sound of his voice. "Yeah, I told you we'd talk."

"Talk?" He laughs and holds up a bottle of vodka. "Want a drink?" He's drunk. "Wait," He jerks the bottle back. "You can't have this, you're pregnant."

I've never seen Isaiah drunk before. He never drank in high school. It's weird seeing him in this state.

"Isaiah, can I have the bottle?" I reach out and he holds it on the other side of him, away from my reach.

"I told you Megs," He shakes his head vehemently. "This is bad for your baby." He slurs slowly.

"Isaiah, give me the bottle or I'm calling Cameron." I trying speaking to him like a child.

"Nooo." He whines. "Not Cameron. Shh. He can't know." He whispers. "I'm not supposed to drink without him."

"If you're not supposed to drink without him, then why are you drinking?" I'm curious as to why he's not supposed to drink without Cameron but I don't ask. Not that I'd be able to get a solid answer.

"We were supposed to talk... We were going to talk and y-you left."

"Well, now we can't talk because you're trashed."

"Sorry." He mutters, holding out the bottle.

"Thank you." I take it from him, then grab his hand. "Okay, Isaiah, stand up."

Once he starts to stand, he stumbles forward but catches himself. His lips are so close to mine and he laughs, looking into my eyes. "Hi."

"Uh," I lean away but he leans forward. "What are you doing?"

"I've missed you." He whispers, laughter gone from his features. He stares at my lips, wetting his.

"Isaiah, you-" He presses his lips to mine effectively shutting me up. He tastes like alcohol and his scruff scratches my chin.

Placing my hand in his chest, I lightly push him away.

He cups the back on my neck, shaking his head. "Please, Megs, kiss me." The nickname he gave me in high school sends shivers down my spine. "Please," His voice cracks. "I love you. I can love your son too. Let me please." Tears are running down his cheeks and I feel like I can't breathe. Tears start blurring my vision as he kisses me again. Not telling him was definitely a mistake. In this moment I realize even telling him won't fix this situation I've caused. And the worst part? I don't know how to fix it.