Chapter 5 "All Boys Leave Home Someday"

The beeping of Yasashi’s Poké Gear wakes Yasashi up from his pleasant sleep, and he sits up on his bed and stretches his arms and legs. The Pokémon who slept by him took notice of this and got up as well, stretches and yawns in a cute manner. At first, Yasashi is clueless as to why his alarm rang so early, and then realises that today was the big day he leaves Pallet Town.

      Shortly after, Yasashi jumped out of bed to open the window and sees decorations already prepared in the Town Square. Excited, he runs into the bathroom, and shuts the door behind him. The Pokémon hops off the bed and looks around the room for a bit. There were posters adorning the room and a desk with a Pikachu and Eevee plush doll next to a laptop.

      While exploring the room further, the Pokémon looks at a bookcase and sees a variety of books on the shelves. It finds a few Pokémon figurines on one of the shelves, and sees a trainer tipping his hat with a Pikachu on his shoulder. The Eevee remembers seeing a trainer that looked like the figurine somewhere before, but couldn’t remember where. Next to him were six other Pokémon, and one of them was an Espeon. The Pokémon reaches out and grabs the figurine, and looks at it, thinking of home as it did. After a while, The Pokémon places the figurine back with the others, and hears Yasashi leaving the bathroom.

      “Today is the day!” he yells as he begins to put on his clothes. Five minutes later, he looks at himself in the mirror, admiring the clothes he was wearing, and turns toward the Pokémon. “So! How do I look?” he asks. The Eevee stares at him and then back at the figurine. “You almost look like that person over there.” it says pointing toward the figurine on the shelf.

      “I tried to make myself look like Pokémon Trainer Red intentionally. The person the figurine over there is.” Yasashi walks toward the shelf and picks up the figurine. “This was the outfit he wore when he started his journey. The weird part is, the clothes he wears now is different from what it was back then. I don’t know why, but that is how it is.” He walks toward the Pokémon sitting with its head tilted trying to take in all the information and kneels beside it. “The clothes I wear now represent what he wears nowadays, though, mine being black and blue while his is usually red and white jacket with blue pants. His shoes are red and black, and his hat in red and white, mine in blue and black. I think I have a picture of him somewhere.” Yasashi walks toward his computer and pulls up an image of Pokémon Trainer Red. The Eevee stares back and forth between the picture, Yasashi, and the figurine and could tell the differences.

      Yasashi remembers something he had almost forgotten and runs out the door. He comes back with a little box and kneels down beside the Pokémon again. “I made this some days ago after I came home from the hospital. Couldn’t find any other colour but this one from one of my mother’s old sewing kit, but I think you’ll like it.” He opens the box and there was a pink bow inside. The Pokémon’s eyes glittered as it stared at the vanity item and Yasashi took it out of the box and placed it on the Eevee’s left ear. It jumped in glee and hugs Yasashi. “I’m guessing you really like it.” He picks up the Pokémon and walks downstairs wearing his backpack. He didn’t see his mother anywhere but finds a note on the table as well as some breakfast.

I’m so proud of you, Yasashi. I will be at the festival with Professor Oak and the rest of Pallet Town. I left some food on the table to start your day off. Can’t wait to see you there!

      Yasashi smiles and places the note down. “Thanks mom.” Him and the Eevee finish their breakfast and head out the door to start their long journey together.