Chapter 8-I Forgive You.

Chapter 8-

Delilah’s POV

“Delilah Murray, please accept this guitar, as a peace offering, an ‘I’m sorry that I broke your guitar’ gift, and for being such a wonderful person.” Harry said, and held out the beautiful guitar with H+D in a heart etched in the back.

“Harry...” I said, staring at the guitar, “I can’t accept this. You didn’t have to do this.”

“Yes I did Delilah. I’m really sorry about what happened. I should have told you sooner.” Harry said, looking really sorry with his head down.

“Harry...” I whispered, my voice cracking, “I...I don’t know what to say.” I said looking down.

“All you have to do is say 3 simple words.”

“What words?”

“I forgive you.”

¬*¬

Harry’s POV

I had waited ages for Delilah to answer me. After I told her the words she simply had to say, she stuttered an “I don’t know, Harry.” and walked away to the car. We hadn’t talked since, and I don’t think she was planning to any time soon.

“Hey there Delilah, what’s it like in New York City...” I sang to myself whilst putting jam on my toast at 8 in the morning.

“Oh it’s fine, thanks for asking” Delilah said, smirking at me and popping a piece of bread in the toaster.

“VAS ‘APPENIN’?!” Zayn shrieked, running though the kitchen like a mad man.

“Mornin’ everyone” Liam said whist rubbing his eyes.

Louis didn’t bother to greet anyone, for he was half asleep. It was like he was sleep-walking, so Niall, being the goofy person he was, poked Louis’ face until he was certain that Louis was half asleep. Then, he took a big scoop of jam on his hand, and smothered it all over Louis’ face.

“BAHHHHH!!!!!!” Louis screamed once he figured out that Niall had smothered jam on his face. He tried to wipe it off quickly with his hands, then gave up when he saw it was no help. Then, he licked his lips and said, “MMMMMM!! DEEELICIOUS!”

I rolled my eyes, and continued eating my toast. It was an awkward silence, because Zayn left to the toilet, and Niall and Louis went to the other bathroom to wash Louis’ face. Liam was just spreading jam on his toast with a silly grin on his face.

“So...” I said, awkwardly taking a nibble of my toast.

“Soo...” Delilah repeated, making the awkward moment even more awkward.

“SO!” Liam said cheerfully, closing the jar cover and taking a huge bite out of his toast.

“How’s...uhh...” I started, but I realized that all she’s been doing was the same thing that I’ve been doing.

“How’s what?” Delilah questioned, with a confusing look on her face. A couple minutes passed by, and the only sound that we all heard was Liam munching on his toast.

10 minutes passed by, and the three of us were sitting awkwardly, staring at each other.

“I forgive you.” Delilah finally said, my eyes widening at her sudden outburst.

“W-What?” I asked, so shocked at her.

“I said, I forgive you, Harry.” She said slowly.

“Y-You do?” I once again stuttered at her response.

“Well, little children, I will leave you two alone!” Liam said, taking his plate and placing it in the dishwasher and leaving the room.

“What made you change your mind, Delilah?” I questioned with a million thoughts flying through my head.

“I...was thinking about it, and I thought about how you went through all that trouble in getting that beautiful guitar, and sort-of dinner, but I didn’t appreciate it until now.” Delilah breathed out.

“Oh, well...It was all thanks to Zayn and Niall for coming up with the ideas.” I said. Wow. I’m so lame, all I could say was that I did no part in this, and that Niall and Zayn did all the work.

“Mmmm...” Delilah said, with a thinking face.

“Umm...Delilah?”

“Yea, Harry?”

“I was just wondering...”

“Wondering...?”

“Would you like to go out with me?”