Chapter 15-Trust, and a Surprise Visitor

Chapter 15-

Harry’s POV

The night before when I asked Delilah why her and Max didn’t get together...Why didn’t she want to talk about it? I wondered. Thoughts pondered my head as I got ready for the concert we were having later. The boys and I had a sound check soon, and we had invited Delilah to come over.

Did she still have feelings for Max? Should I stop trying to impress her? It’s clear that she doesn’t want a boyfriend at the moment; let alone me.

I sighed as I put on a fresh blazer and walked to the kitchen of Delilah’s house. Julianne was on holiday at the moment, and she was visiting her family in a different state, so she wouldn’t be alone in their flat. Delilah’s mum had invited all of us, except Max [cue the happy music] to stay overnight in their house. We all gladly accepted, and slept in their many guest rooms.

“Up so early, eh?” Someone said. I turned around from the tea I was stirring on the counter, and saw Delilah leaning against the fridge. I smiled at her, and offered her a cup of tea, and she gladly accepted. It was pretty awkward, sipping in silence.

“I’m sorry.” Delilah blurted out, breaking the silence. My eyes widened.

“What do you mean? I should be the one saying sorry for last night! I didn’t know you had such a problem with Max.” I couldn’t help but smirk a little. She caught my eye, and saw my smirk, and sighed a little.

“Well...Yeah, I guess you win.” She said with a smirk on her face, knowing she had won, “I’ll tell you.”

“W-What?” I stuttered, “I didn’t mean it for you to tell me, I mean...”

“Oh, so you don’t want me to tell you?” She said with a playful smile on her face.

“I-You don’t have to if you don’t want to...” I said, playing with my hands.

“I’ll tell you-it’s fine.” Delilah said calmly.

“It all started in year 11. Max was the new kid, and my form room teacher assigned me to be his little buddy and help him around the school. So we pretty much hung out together for the whole week, doing things together; lunch, classes, revising, and all that stuff. We were really good friends. Then one day, we were playing Truth or Dare, the best game to find an enemy, or a new loved one. Someone dared me and Max to snog for 5 minutes. When we did it , it wrecked our friendship. Everything was so awkward around us, knowing that we had snogged. We never hung around each other; we ignored each other all day. The teacher noticed, and made us even closer, which led to Max finally having the courage to ask me out. I had strong feelings for him, of course, and I agreed. We dated for a year, and when we graduated, Max got accepted into a University in Melbourne. He said he wouldn’t accept it, because it would mean leaving England, leaving me. I got accepted into a University in London, which now I take as Skype sessions, and I knew that Max couldn’t risk this amazing opportunity. His mum also got a job in Melbourne, and moved their whole family there. We rung each other every day, we texted, but soon realized long distance relationships didn’t work out for us. We never saw each other, and we couldn’t cope not seeing each other being boyfriend and girlfriend, so we broke it off. There also was another reason but...” I trailed off, but Harry took his finger and moved my chin so I could look up to him.

“You can tell me, Delilah.” He said calmly.

“Well, before he had left, I wanted to help him pack some things, but when I was going to go to his house to help him pack...I...saw something.” My voice started cracking and I knew I would burst into tears any moment now.

“I saw him snogging another girl.” I barely whispered.

“I...I’m so sorry, Delilah. I didn’t know this happened to you. But how come he still thinks you have a strong relationship?” Harry wondered. I saw the sincerity in his eyes, and knew I could trust him.