Chapter 4-Fighting for Delilah

Chapter 4-

Delilah’s POV

Max was here. OMG. Max. Was. Here.

“Max?” I asked. “MAX!!” I yelled, running to him and giving him a bear hug.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, because he was supposed to be revising in Melbourne for exams, as of what he told me. When he moved, he said he would go to university there, and revise a LOT, because the university he was going to had exams every day, as of the website’s information. It was a very expensive university, and the teachers were really brainy.

“I came here...for you...” Max trailed off.

“What do you mean? You should be revising like mad! I don’t want to muck up your agenda! I heard there are final exams and you need to get everything right to pass!” I exclaimed, worrying that Max only came here because of me, and that he would fail his exams because of me.

“It’s fine, Delilah. I’ve revised a lot with my mates back home.” Max said calmly, wrapping me into his arms and kissing my forehead.

“Ahem, but Delilah here is performing, and needs to finish her concert.” Harry said, stepping between us, pulling me towards him, hugging me and interrupting our little moment. It seemed that he was giving glares at Max, and Max was to Harry and the boys as well.

“Oh I think I’m finished with the concert.” I murmured into Harry’s chest. It didn’t matter who my face was on, I just needed a rest. Harry smiled triumphantly, thinking I had chosen him.

“What do you think you’re doing with my Dee?” Max asked, his face turning red, and his voice raising. You legit could have seen smoke coming out of his ears if he was in one of those comics. He shoved Harry, and grabbed my hand. Oh, and did I mention he was the only person besides Dad that called me ‘Dee’?

“I’m her friend.” Harry said calmly, “I can hug her if I want. And the fact that you left her for Melbourne made her so sad!”

“Well I’m her boyfriend, so I don’t want you going near her, do you hear me?” Max looked furious that he had to share me with all the boys. Next thing I see is Harry getting thwacked in the face, flying backwards. Then, he got up and punched Max right in the jaw.

“Boys stop it!” I cried, running in between them just in time to see Max punching my eye. And that was the last thing I saw.

¬*¬

Harry’s POV

“How could you?!” I screamed in horror at Max. He had just punched Delilah square in the eye and she was laying down, still. I touched her face, and swept away a piece of hair in her eyes.

“I love you.” I whispered, with a tear coming down my face, and just loud enough for Louis to hear, and cock an eyebrow.

“Well if it weren’t for you to interrupt our reunion of almost 5 years, this wouldn’t have happened!” Max shouted at me.

“WELL IF YOU NEVER HAVE CAME HERE THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!” I yelled back.

“DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED. SHE IS MY GIRLFRIEND, NOT YOURS. SO JUST STAY OUT OF OUR WAY, OKAY?” Max screamed.

“GET OUT.” I shrieked at the top of my lungs, not caring if everyone at the concert heard me.

“Excuse me?” Max said in a very cold voice.

“I said, GET OUT. Also, she called you her EX-boyfriend by the way.” My voice didn’t change a bit, I didn’t even flinch.

“Whatever. Just remember one thing.” Max said, coming up, and facing me, a breath away from my face.

“Never, EVER, go anywhere near Delilah or something bad will happen.”

Delilah’s POV

All I saw were black dots.  I was motionless. I felt someone touching my face, and then some screams. I couldn’t move, feel anything, or say anything. It felt like I was...dead. But why could I hear things? Or feel things, like the person touching my face? Then I felt someone carrying me, and next thing I know, I’m in the hospital.

Harry’s POV

I didn’t care what Max said, I was going to the hospital with Delilah. Nothing could stop me. The boys and I cared about her so much that we didn’t even care if someone killed us rather than her.

“Delilah.” I whispered, taking her hand.

“If you can hear me, squeeze my hand.” I said, waiting for a squeeze. Nothing.

“Please Delilah, for me. I don’t think I can ever live without you, as I really like you. Yea, I fancy you. A LOT. But please, you can get through this, and wake up. Please, please just squeeze my hand if you can hear me...” Tears were forming in my eyes as I waited for Delilah to squeeze my hand. Still nothing. I started to weep silently as I heard someone coming into the room.

“Harry, you really like her don’t you?” Louis said, coming to me and leaning on the bed next to my position sitting next to Delilah.

“Y-yes.” I admitted.

“I think you have one thing to tell Delilah before you guys get serious, IF you get serious.” Louis said calmly.

I took a deep breath. “What do I have to tell her?”

“You have to tell her we’re One Direction, or you guys will never get together.” Louis explained.

Of course! We never told her we were One Direction, and that was about the last thing Delilah would want us to tell her. She hated One Direction more than anything. That was the one thing that was getting in the way of our relationship.

“Delilah...” I started, but my voice cracked and I burst in tears.

“Please, Delilah, wake up for me. Please, give me a sign you’re okay, squeeze my hand-ANYTHING!” I pleaded, still with Louis by my side patting my back.

“Harry, I don’t think she’s going to wake up.” He said, tears forming in his eyes as well.

“No, don’t say that, she WILL wake up!” I cried, “She HAS to! There’s so many things I wanted to do with her and I’ll never be able to do that now! PLEASE Delilah! WAKE UP!!” Still nothing. I couldn’t believe it. She was gone. Louis helped me get off the bed, and I cried into his shoulder. We turned, and walked to the door. Before we left, I whispered, “I love you Delilah” and turned around. Then I heard a little whimper.

I whipped my head around, holding Louis’ hand, and making him slam his head on the door.

“OW!” Louis said, letting go of my hand in an instant and holding his head, moaning in pain.

“SHUT UP LOUIS, I COULD HAVE SWORN I HEARD HER!!” I cried, tears of happiness starting to form.

“I didn’t hear anything” Louis mumbled, still holding his head.

I ran over to Delilah’s side, and held her hand.

“Delilah, PLEASE. If you can hear me, give me a squeeze?” I pleaded, looking into her closed eyes, then my hand in hers.

I waited for ages until I felt it.