Just Roommates

Christen's POV:

"Alex, we have to go." I walked over to the sleeping girl, sitting down on the edge of her bed. Her face was half-hidden under the covers and she was laying on her side. She looked soooo adorable. But we needed to go. "You already missed breakfast."

"...what?" Alex mumbled and shifted so her face was more hidden under the sheets.

"We have to go down, Jill is annoucing the lineup for today's game." I put a hand on Alex's shoulder and she finally stirred.

"Oh," Alex pulled herself up onto her elbows and smiled sleepily at me. "Sorry, I guess exhaustion is a side-effect."

"Side-effect? Of what?" I asked as Alex started picking out clothes.

"Nothing, just this new med..." Alex trailed off, changing into sweats and grabbing her backpack. "You know, can we just go, Chris?"

I sensed the sadness from the striker and I decided not to ask. Instead, I just walked over to Alex and I wrapped my arms around her in a hug. To my surprise, Alex sighed and hugged back, pulling me closer and putting her chin on my shoulder. I didn't want it to end, but I knew we had to go. "We should go, lex."

I felt Alex smile at the little nickname and slowly pull away. "Okay."

~~~~

"Alright, ladies. Let's begin." Jill said as the team started sitting in the chairs infront of the projector. I sat between Alex and Mal. "... and up top we'll start with Pugh, Rapinoe, and Press. Now to the film."

I smiled to myself and felt a hand squeeze my shoulder. "Told you." Alex smiled at me and I smiled back.

"You'll probably be in at halftime." I replied and Alex shrugged, looking back up at Jill.

~~~~

Alex's POV:

"Soooo," Allie began as I sat down in my usual seat next to her on the bus.

"Soooooooooo." I replied and pulled out my headphones.

"Sooooooooooooooooooo-"

"Alright, stop. What?" I stopped Allie by covering her mouth with my hand. "EW, ya nasty." I quickly pulled my hand away and she laughed. "You licked me."

"You asked for it."

"Seriously, Al?"

"Okay," Allie continued, leaning closer, "what's up with you and Press?"

"What are you talking about?"

"What the whole team's talking about. You guys even have a ship name; Chrislex."

I rolled my eyes. "This team is fucking ridiculous. Did Pinoe make up that name? I'm gonna kill her..."

"No, it was Kelley." Allie confessed and I snapped my head around to glare at Kelley, whose eyes widened.

"I can't help myself." Kelley put her hands up in surrender and turned away.

"Well it doesn't matter. Because nothing is going on, we're just roommates." I said, slumping down in my seat.