Chapter 10: Halloween

The week passed by incredibly fast, and before we knew it, it was Halloween.

I was sitting in potions with Lee when he asked me
"what is Halloween like in America."

"Well my brothers and I wake up like it's any other day but we don't eat breakfast. Then we go to school and nothing is different at school (except for the fact that rarely anyone was lunch) because Halloween isn't a "real holiday". when we get home we get dressed up in costumes and drive to the city with a few friends. All of our costumes are always matching and it's really fun. We usually stay out until like 9:30 and then go home, sort our candy, trade with each other and go to sleep after. My parents throw out our candy the next week so we eat it throughout the night and week."

"Cool, I go trick or treating in London and my family and I go out to dinner after. It's a lot of fun and probably my favorite holiday."

The day was shortened because of the Halloween feast in the afternoon so after potions ended Lee and I walked back to the dormitory, put our books down and made our way to The Great Hall for lunch.

"Cami, are you going to eat anything"asked Fred

"No, she's saving up for the feast later as am I." Replied Lee for her.

Everyone then dropped there Utensils and drinks.

"That's a Bloody fantastic idea!" Said George

"Then we can eat as much as we want without stopping." Said Katie

"Nice thinking Cam & Lee."

"Why don't we move this party to the dorms?" asked Kara.

When we all got back to the dorms I quickly ran upstairs and changed into some cute and warm clothes and put my uniform on the bed. I had to change into it later for the feast so I made it easily accessible.

"Oh there she is" said Fred when I walked down the stairs.

"Come sit over here Cami" said Lee pointing to a spot on the couch in between him and Kara.

The sitting area of the common room was filled to the max with my friends.

That afternoon we talked about everything from schoolwork, to teachers, to family, and what our lives outside of school were like.

About an hour before the feast we split up and some people went to start their homework and others to change and shower.

I just lay on the couch and closed my eyes for a few seconds.

I didn't realize how tired I was and soon I was asleep

I looked around me and saw my old school "St. John the Baptist Diocesan" I walked in through the doors with no control of my movements. The halls were packed with uniformed students all carrying their books.

"Hey Camilla. How is everything."

"Everything's great Veronica."

"Oh glad to hear it."

"Why do you ask, Veronica?"