Chapter 16: Christmas Time

Camilla's POV:
It is December 23 and everyone is excited for the party tomorrow. My parents have not been home much since they are preparing for the party. When everyone woke up this morning we walked downstairs and had pancakes for breakfast after the pancakes we were all called into the main hall for our final fittings. Surrounding our Christmas tree were multiple racks filled with dresses and tuxedos. After I tried on my dress and decided it fit I put it back on the rack and watched everyone else finalize what they were wearing.
I told Ginny and Hermione that they could have one of my dresses for the party. Hermione chose a red strapless dress. Ginny chose a navy corset dress. My dress was sparkly and nude in color.

All day we watched movies and made gingerbread houses. It was a lot of fun. We all went to bed very early so we could have a lot of energy for the next day.
Everyone woke up early and we were all ecstatic for the day. We ate cereal for breakfast and then watched some tv. At noon we started getting ready. First I showered then I did Hermione and Ginny's makeup. After that I curled Ginny's hair and braided Hermione's hair. They then left the room to go get their dresses on and do some final touches to their fit. I did my makeup and hair. My makeup was natural looking and my hair was in a tight high bun. I put on a few bracelets and then my dress. I was ready at about 4:00. Ginny and Hermione came into my room and we all admired how we looked. Then we grabbed our handbags and made our way out the door.

Oliver's POV:

We were all waiting for the girls to come downstairs so we could take pictures then go.

"What's taken them so long" whined Fred.
Right after he asked Ginny and Hermione walked down the stairs. They both looked very pretty.

"Where is Cami?" I asked

"She is putting on her shoes." Replied Hermione

"Im coming. Sorry I took so long." I heard her say from behind the balcony at the top of the staircase just behind my view.

She walked down the stairs and I couldn't help but stair. She looked gorgeous and elegant. She had on silver heels and her hair was high up making her look very tall. As she walked down the stairs I walked to the bottom and took her hand to help her down.

"Thanks Ollie."
"Anytime"

"Ok let's take pictures quick so we won't be late" said Mrs. Caswell.

First the Caswells took a picture on the staircase Mrs. Caswell on the bottom step holding Hunter, Jack stood behind her, then Romeo behind him, then Mr. Caswell Behind Romeo, then Camilla behind him with her arm resting on his shoulder. None of them smiled and it kinda gave me the creeps.

Than we all took fun pictures of each other and the families.

At about 5:15 we hoped into the limos. The Caswells in one and the rest of us in another. We got to the party just in time and walked in.

The hotel was gorgeous and very large. Drinks were being passed around and people were dancing. A pianist was sitting at the grand piano playing Christmas music and the Hall was decorated in lights, garland, and Christmas trees.

The night was tons of fun. The food was delicious and the music was great.

White Christmas came on and I asked Camilla to dance with me. Half way through the song Camilla said " come with me I want to show you something" she grabbed my hand and ran out the hall and up a dark staircase. We climbed many flights of stairs until we finally reached the top of the hotel. We walked out to the edge and stood staring out into the city.

"Isn't it beautiful. You can see everything from up here." We looked for a few moments before I turned towards her and stared into her eyes, as our faces moved closer together until there was no space left in between.

Camilla's POV:
Oliver and I returned to the hall with smiles on our face. He got pulled into a conversation with  Molly Weasley and I went to get a drink.

Everyone on the dance floor was slow dancing as I sat down alone and drank my punch.

"Can I have this dance?" A voice said from behind me.

I turned around and it was Rodney. Rodney was a family friend of mine and one of my best friends for as long as I can remember. I haven't seen him in a very long time.

"Of course."

He took my hand and guided me to the floor. We danced to silver bells and caught up with each other. He had been studying at a private school in New Hampshire. We talked and laughed for a few minutes until the song was over.

*Cling Cling Cling

My father stood up on the small stage lightly tapping his glass, waving for the music to stop.

" As the night comes to a close I would like to thank everyone for coming. Christmas is a time to cherish with our family and give to the greater good. I am so happy that you all spent your Christmas with my family and I. It truly means so much to us and I would like to wish all of you, your families, and your friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. I wish you all a safe trip home. And now I invite you all to the dance floor for the final song."

Jingle Bell Rock came on and everyone was dancing and having a blast. I found Ron and took his hand. We did a funny sort of dance similar to the chicken dance and laughed through it. The song ended and everyone made their ways out of the hall to their cars. I got into the car and fell asleep as soon as my head relaxed upon the cold window.

I was woken up by my father when we got home. Everyone walked inside the house and went straight to their rooms. I took off my makeup quickly and slipped into some Cozy Christmas Pajamas and fell right asleep dreaming of sugar plum fairy's.

A/N: hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. I will try to write as much as possible and I am determined to finish this book. Thank you❤️