Silk and Roses (book 1 & 2) + Guns and Thorns (sequel)

Completed, Completed, Completed

Description:

__Silk and Roses (Book One)

Mario Bellini has lived far from his family and home for ten years, a different life with a different name. He's never wanted to go back. There were things and people he wished to forget, and mistakes he didn't want to repeat. Until one day that he learns his father is dead and his family has moved out of their heritage home in Milan, and he decides to go back. He knows that going back means facing his past and people he has run away from and left behind. What he doesn't know is that some things in life can never be left behind or forgotten.

__Silk and Roses (Book Two)

He needs to start over, forget and forgive, and make up for his old mistakes. Mario knows that making peace with his Sicilian brother-in-law is not easy, but he has to live with his new ties to the man. His love life with Franco's teenager daughter, Tina, is still a secret to Franco and the family, while there is a bigger secret in his life that he fears to reveal; a secret that kept him far and away for ten years. His fifteen year old son, his stepsister's son, and Franco's son. Marco

__Guns and Thorns

In his father’s office, Marco Verri stands in front of the man who had once put a blade on his neck, the man who has a gun pointed on his head now and begs for mercy. It is not the first time that he sees a man at his father’s feet, crying and begging, but the first time that he can’t stand what he sees. He doesn’t pity the man or his father. He pities himself and the life that he has chosen, a life that he has to leave if he doesn’t want to be the one pointing a gun at someone’s head, if he doesn’t want to be like the man that he has chosen as his father.

Opinion:

I like all 3 of the books, like really like them. They're really cool, and there is never a drama-free moment.

I hate everyone in the book except Leo, and my reasons for liking him aren't valuable.  Everything in every one of the books is fucked up. Just fucked up, for me there isn't another word for it. Mario and Tina (Franco's daughter) are cute together. Mario himself is a complex character, the whole family really. But I love the books for some reason that is unknown to me.

Props to the writer (you rock), the books are really good!!

Byee x