Chapter 8: In Which We Meet

2nd Person

                Both girls stood there in shock, and awe. Atem just smiled at them. But that smile soon faded away, when he saw bruises on the two girl's faces.
"What happened you two?" Atem asked. Téa and (Y/n) looked at each other, not knowing what to say.
"Ummm... we saw this cute adorable cat at the pet store... and umm... turns out she isn't really friendly..." (Y/n) blurt out. Téa looked at her confused, but nodded going with it anyway. Atem chuckled. He thought cats were very intriguing creatures. Téa was getting impatient. So she said, "Where did you come from, Atem? And why are you so... blurry?"
Atem smiled again, saying, "Before I went back to Egypt, I chipped off some of the Millennium Puzzle. It contained a bit of magic, enough to contact you. I left it on the ground, for you to find, but turns out (Y/n) found it. Since there is a huge time gap between us, I may appear a bit blurry... but as long as you can see me, love, I'm happy."
Ouch. He just called Téa his love. In front of you.... oh, how you wanted to blurt out to Atem... telling him you loved him, and how Téa was just a big fake. But no... you couldn't do that. He would be angry, and disappointed. If he's happy... then you shall be too... even if it meant hiding the truth. Téa flashed Atem a big fake smile. You growled quietly. You hated when she smiled like that. She looked so ugly when she did that. People would think it was just a smile coming from a beautiful girl. You had to admit, Téa was very pretty. But when she plastered on that fake smile, in your eyes, it made her look disgusting.
"I must go my love." Atem said. "As king, I have duties. Oh, and let (Y/n) keep the necklace... you do tend to lose things." He shot Téa an amused look, and vanished. We appeared back on my block. Téa's face was beet red.
"ME!? LOSE THINGS!?! HOW DARE HE! HMPH... WHATEVER! I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT A STUPID NECKLACE." She yelled. You were startled. She stomped back to her house, cursing Atem's name. You shrugged, as you walked back home. As you walked, you were deep in your thoughts. As you were happy to see Atem, you felt like a third wheel. Wow... he really loved Téa. You sighed. If only he knew what Téa's real feelings were. You opened the door to your front house, and stopped. You looked at the necklace.
"So we meet again, love..." you whispered.