Chapter 11: For the Longest Time

You were back at your dorm. Mai went out with her new boyfriend, so you were alone. You were so bored. You took the bag of the puzzle pieces, and placed it on your bed. You looked at the bag. Atem was the only person you wanted to see right now. You wished you hadn't broke it in the past. Attempting to kill your boredom, you started to put the pieces back together. An hour later of trying to put tiny shards of pieces back in their places, you finally done it. The puzzle was complete... but nothing happened. You cried. You hated for what you've done 2 years ago. You wished none of this happened. A tear slid down your face, and landed on the puzzle. Suddenly, the puzzle began to glow, like it did before. You were confused, but yo didn't care. You stopped crying, only to cry again... but this time, you cried with joy. You were engulfed by the light, and then saw... once again... a blurry image of Atem. He had tears in his eyes. He was happy to see you... as you were happy to see him. You got on your hands and knees. Atem looked confused... but he was truly surprised when he heard you begging for forgiveness.
"(Y/n)..." he said, his voice slightly cracking. "Get up."
You did as he said, but you still looked down. He didn't approve of this.
"(Y/n), look at me." He said. You slowly looked up, your eyes locking with his. Atem took a step closer. He took your breath away when he said,
"I love you..."